How do I install iTunes 10 using Desktop Central?
This document provides steps to deploy iTunes, version 10, to multiple systems using Desktop Central's Software Deployment feature.
Steps to Install iTunes using Desktop Central
- Download theiTunes executable file ( iTunesSetup.exe)
- Save it in your local system
Note: The file name should be the same as it was when you downloaded it.
- Download the script itunesinstall.txt
- Rename the script to itunesinstall.vbs
- Add the package in Desktop Central. Follow the steps given below:
- Select Software Deployment>Add Package
- Set the package type to MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Specify the name of the application as iTunes
- Upload both the itunesinstall.vbs and iTunesSetup.exe files
- Specify the installation command (with switches and arguments) as %windir%\system32\cscript.exe itunesinstall.vbs
- Click Add Package
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Select the required target users or systems
- Click Deploy
You have installed iTunes (version 10) using Desktop Central.