Free Ping Tool - Documents
The ManageEngine FREE Ping tool is a simple yet powerful tool with an elegant UI that helps to issue ping requests to "Multiple IP Addresses" in a single instance. And can find the health of the sever continuously for a maximum of 10 hosts. The ping data such as Ipaddress, RoundTripTime, Time To Live (Ttl), Buffer Size and the status are shown in a table.
Add remote hosts to monitor
The user can enter either a HostName or the IPAddress of the remote host in the Addressfield. Multiple IP Addresses / Hostnames can be added by either clicking the Add button or pressing the "Enter" Key in the Address field. The ping tool monitors a maximum of 10 hosts . This will populate the host details in the ping tool table. Later, Ping tool will send ping requests to every host to be monitored after clicking the start button.
Start the tool
After entering all the hostnames or IPAdress in a table then click Start button. When the start button is clicked all the ping data values will be populated in table at a the specified refresh interval.
Stop the tool
The "Stop" button helps the user to stop issuing ping requests to all the populated hosts.
The user can clear the data available in the table as well as in the graph, by clicking 'clear'. To clear the data and the graph, the user has to stop the ping and then click clear icon.
By default the refresh interval will be set to 5 minutes. The user can modify the refresh interval according to the need.
The user can refresh the data available in the table by clicking refresh button this will refresh the table and graph.
- Grey Icon : when the user adds a hostname to the table, a grey icon will be displayed which shows the status of the remote host as "Unknown".
- Green Icon : When tool receives the ping response then the tool will show the "Green Icon". It shows the status of the remote host as “Success”.
- Red Icon : Failure to receive ping response then the tool will show the "Red Icon". It shows the status as "Failure".
Collected ping data will be populated in a table.
- Delete a row : User can delete a row by clicking the delete icon displayed at the end of the row. To delete the remote host, user has to stop the ping tool then click the delete icon.
- Sorting the colums : The user can sort the columns by clicking the "Sort" icon available in the table header.
- Help : The user can access help by clicking the help icon available at the top right corner of the Ping Tool.
Email, Save Option
Email Settings Properties :
The Email Settings properties allow you to specify where emails will be sent.
- MailServer Details: The MailServer property includes both "Server Name" & "Server Port" .
- Email : The "Email" field indicates which email address should receive form data when a user submits form.
- From : The "From" property indicates which email address should be filled in for the From address.
- User Name & PassWord : The UserName & Password should be given to provide the access to the user to send emails.
- The Attachment allows the users to add files to your message. If attachments is not required, user can skip this section.
- MaxAttachments : The maximum attachments allowed in email settings screen is 5 Files.
Save Option :
The save option enables the user to "Save" the Ping Data, Ping Graph and Trace details as bit map in application bin directory. All the data will be saved based on date & time.
- PingData : The ping data will be saved as "pingdata_2010-12-6-14-43-49.png".
- PingGraph : The ping graph will be saved as "pinggraph_2010-12-7-11-57-5.png".
- TraceGraph : The trace page will be saved as "tracedetails_gmail.com_2010-12-7-11-58-1.png" along with the hostname.