Free XenServer Health Monitor Tool - FAQ
1. I have downloaded the tool, but it is not running. What should I do?
This problem can be due to either one of the below reasons.
2. I have started the tool, but it is always showing the Metrics as Empty(Zero). What should I do?
Note: From XenServer Version 5.5 and above, to get the performance metrics via this tool, you need to set the other-config:rrd_update_interval=<interval> parameter on the XenSever host to one of the following values, and restart the same.
The above mentioned configuration is mandatory as the way to access performance metrics on the XenServer has been changed from 5.5 onwards. Kindly refer chapter 5 of the XenServer Software Development kit, for more details regarding the above, in the link below,
3. Even after following the procedure in Q2, I am not able to get the values for VM's. What should I do?
XenServer Tools must be installed in all the VM's you are interested in monitoring, then only you will be able to get the metrics(otherwise XenServer won't collect the performance metrics) for the VMs.
4. I am getting a start-up error message, “The program can't start because msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer”. What should I do?
The Error occurs when .Net Framework version is below 4.0. Please install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package (x86) and run the Free Windows Health Monitor.
4. Whom should i contact when i face with any error while running the tool ?
If you are facing any error while running the tool, please send us mail to