Integrated IT Management Solution
Storage Area Network (SAN) Switch Managementt
SAN-Switch Management in ManageEngine IT360
ManageEngine IT360 with its Storage module manages Fabric switches based on SNIA's standard Fabric switch management MIBs. It utilizes the vendor specific MIBs and APIs to provide fine-grained monitoring capabilities. It enables automatic discovery of fabric switches in your environment and provides out-of-box reports spanning inventory, performance and availability.
SAN- Switch Monitoring
After discovering SAN Switches using IT360's discovery engine, an additional detailed scan to capture the complete set of asset, capacity, performance, and configuration details of the switches needs to be carried out. In the SAN Switch device information page, you can view the following:
- Fabric Switches summary
- Switch Port details
- WWN - Interconnect information
- Zoning information
- Switch availability reports
Map View of SAN Switches
You can view a SAN switch in maps. A Topological map view shows the SAN switches and their interconnections. A Link details table shows link name, source, and destination. Color-coded icons depict switch and interconnection status.
IT360 monitors status of switches and the ports and raises alarms whenever there is a change in the state. SNMP traps from the SAN switch are also captured and appropriate alarm is generated
- SAN switches provide organizations with unmatched scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Act as perfect strategic platforms by transforming current SAN fabrics into cloud-optimized SANs.
- They enable organizations to meet their most pressing business requirements with a future-proof solution, built on proven data center technology.