Click here for the release notes of the latest upgrade packs and hotfixes.
Readme for Build 8812
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8812
August 17, 2011
- The Alarm reports page now has option to filter alarms based on its properties; This report can be exported to .pdf, excel formats and can be emailed.
- Option to escalate alarms via SMS in addition to email, is included. Option to configure URLs in Alarm Escalation is also added.
- You can now associate any type of notification profile to a particular or to a group of URL Monitor. This functionality is available under the individual URL monitor page and at the "Quick Configuration Wizard" option.
- You can now edit or update or add new mail store location for Exchange monitors.
- Google map integration is enhanced now to show the location of the device both in the Google Map as well as in the Google Map widget.
- Device search option is now extended to search "interfaces" using interface name or IP address and for "URLs".
- When polling devices using ICMP ping for availability, choose which round-trip-time metric (Minimum⁄ Maximum⁄ Average response time) you want to show as Device Response Time under device availability. By default OpManager shows the average response time and you can change this now by editing Ping.properties file.
- A new widget is added to show the total bytes transferred.
- When reports are scheduled and emailed, the users with non-admin privilege can also access and view the reports.
- Alarm ID is now configurable in the notification profile both, as part of the subject or/and the message.
- In the device template "list of monitors", a multiple-select check box is provided against each group of monitors. The same option is available while associating monitors from the device snapshot page.
- The error ‘Unable to find ManagedObject’ in the URL Monitors, is now fixed.
- In MSSQL Monitors, the issue of default instance specific monitors being shown instead of monitors from the named instance, is now fixed.
- The issue of "Error" page being displayed when the 7⁄ 30 days reports is clicked, is now fixed. This happened when archiving was not started.
- When the device is in "On Hold" or "On Maintenance" state the following monitors are also paused to avert false alarms:
- File and folder monitors
- Syslog alarms
- Interface monitoring related issues have been fixed.
- Issues in Process Diagnostics, like memory utilization not shown for Solaris devices, listing of only two top processes instead of 3 for CLI based monitors are fixed now.
- A couple of issues with respect to SLA Widget viz. The changed skin not being displayed in the embedded widget and the link from the widget opening in the same window instead of a new one are fixed now.
- Netflow Plugin related issues like updating mail server & proxy settings, SNMPv3 details have been fixed. In addition, Chinese language support has been extended for the plug-in.
- The memory utilization data shown while doing a ‘test monitor’ was different from the collected value has been fixed.
- High memory usage of java due to WMI based monitoring is fixed.
- The reports of multiple instance monitors (for e.g. CPU) now shows instance name on top of each graph report.
- Data collection related issues in CLI and SNMP monitors are now fixed.
- Issues of notification profile not triggered at times, is fixed.
- MS SQL database connection loss related issues is now fixed.
- Log a ticket request is now raised in the Help desk even when the Device IP address is empty.
- Devices are now added for discovery even if the credentials contain an empty space in any of the fields.
- Issue of schedule report not getting triggered for "At-a-glance" report is fixed.
Readme for Build 8811
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8811
May 19, 2011
- Performance / Interface data not getting collected at times, is resolved
- When accessing OpManager Web interface from IE 8, an alert is triggered stating that there is no support for the browser. This is now fixed.
- Spelling mistake in the over-utilization alert is corrected.
Readme for Build 8810
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8810
May 9, 2011
- VMware ESX⁄ESXi version 4.1 is now supported.
- View the domain controller dashboard in VM snapshot page.
- Apply warning and error thresholds across multiple ESX hosts and VMs using Device templates.
- NFS datastore reports are added for ESX v 4.1. Generate reports such as Disk Read Speed, Disk Write Speed, Write Latency, etc. on datastore.
- Discover VMs also using the "Add Device" option under the "Admin" tab.
- Get more meaningful and actionable SNMP Traps by processing every Varbind with intelligent processor.
- Port⁄ Interface monitoring has been enhanced for better performance.
- Embed OpManager dashboard widgets as iframes into other sites
- Network rediscovery now shows split–up of already discovered devices and new devices count.
- Web client page loading time is now displayed in every page.
- Options are included to change the Traffic Counter (32⁄ 64 bit) at individual interface level.
- Interface parameter (ifalias) can be updated in OpManager by performing interface rediscovery operation.
- UTF–8 Unicode is now supported in OpManager.
- UPS interface details are monitored and shown now.
- SNMP socket timeout issue which resulted in SNMP data collection failures at times has been fixed.
- An issue of the dashboard tab not displayed in the maps list view, is fixed now.
- Notification not sent when certain monitors in Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 exceeded the threshold point has been fixed.
- Downtime scheduler for business view with VoIP monitors is handled.
- Thresholds related to non–numeric monitors would stop working once the service is restarted – This issue is fixed now.
- Issue in monitoring non numeric monitors when associated from device templates is handled.
- Support request with attachment can now be sent from the support page.
- Issue in listing of ServiceDesk category and sub category details in "Log a ticket" notification profile for non-English environment is handled.
- Issue when selecting and editing the monitors for Printer, UPSs and Virtual Devices from notification profile is handled.
- Switch port mapping issues when one or more switches are discovered simultaneously, is handled now.
- Failover configuration now includes "Retry" option to help customize based on your network.
- Generic error messages in failover email notification have been replaced with precise messages to troubleshoot faster.
- Deletion of SNMPv3 devices resulting in stray entries has been handled.
- Traps sometimes fall under unsolicited category though the trap parsers are created. This issue has been addressed.
- A dual entry with actual value and zero, leads to wrong monitoring data display. This has been fixed.
- Partial monitors associated for an interface in certain situations has been handled.
- When any monitored network device is restarted, a spike in data occurs. This leads to wrong standard metrics values like min, max or average. This issue has been addressed.
- Real time monitoring often spikes up for 64 bit devices - This issue has been fixed.
- Values configured in OpManager were not considered in real time monitoring for interfaces. This is now fixed.
- Errors and Discards data show wrong values for some of the 64 bit devices. This is fixed now.
- When we modify any 32 to 64 bit network device or vice versa, reports for all the interfaces will not be shown. This issue has been addressed.
- Interface "display name" and "ifdescr" in the device page is merged for a clear view and to avoid confusion. Options to modify and retain the same are also made available.
- IE8 and Chrome browser related issues are fixed.
Readme for Build 8723
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8723
February 15, 2011
- Community page enhanced to reflect industry benchmarks for resource performance.
- An option is included to configure subject for the email–based SMS profile.
- Provision to add STM files besides .edb in Exchange Mail and public store.
- A new report to reflect total bytes transferred is included in the Reports tab.
- You can now specify match criteria for threshold values in the Interface templates.
- Interface properties ⁄ Custom fields for interfaces are added in notification profiles.
- Interface snap shot page refreshes now based on the refresh interval configured in the ‘Personalize’ settings.
- All Interfaces⁄Utilization reports are enhanced to show the links capacity. Columns are included to show Inspeed and OutSpeed values
- A new Widget is included to display tips to troubleshoot and workaround some configurations and tweaks in OpManager.
- Any change such as disabling a particular threshold configuration either from interface template or interface snap shot page was not effected earlier and alerts were triggered based on the default thresholds. This issue is now fixed.
- There was an issue in the hourly archiving and daily archiving of interface data. This is fixed.
- The interface⁄port display name was rendered blank if it had a special character as part of the display name. This is now fixed in Interface specific widgets, Interface–at–a–glance report, Interface template page.
- The resource utilization graph in the at–a–glance report now plots the graph correctly.
- The traffic reports when exported to excel format, reflected wrong units. It is now fixed to show the correct units.
- Reports with Graphs & Values (Traffic reports etc) does not appear when it is converted to PDF format is now corrected.
- The interface displayname was earlier trimmed in reports. Now we display the full name in the reports and also during mouse–over.
- The excel reports for Total Bytes transferred, shows correct data for 7 ⁄ 30 days.
- At a glance report of Device, when exported to PDF format, now shows the proper interface details.
- All interface reports when exported to excel format, show the appropriate units.
- Interface symbols were not shown in the map if the interface display name contains special characters when we rediscover the interfaces. This is fixed.
- The tooltip for interfaces is now shown properly in the Router and Switch maps.
- A space in the Custom Infrastructure view name resulting in the imports⁄additions failing. This is now fixed.
- Issue of deleting an infrastructure view when the list view is set as default is fixed.
- A couple of event–handling scenarios led to showing NULL in the Event summary in the main dashboard. This is now fixed.
- Custom WMI Monitoring
- The issue of not being able to add custom WMI monitors when the wmidatatype is not set, is now fixed.
- No data getting collected for Custom WMI monitors after device discovery, if the monitors are associated to a particular device template.
- Service Desk Integration – Any special character in the service desk parameters such as technician, category etc . leads to failure. Now we have fixed to accommodate all special characters.
- SMS notifications are split up into messages of a maximum of 125 characters per message. You can now configure whether or not to split up the message. The configuration can be made in smsserver.conf file.
- Discovery failing in Google chrome browser is fixed.
- Improved the performance of Opmanager webclient especially the device snapshot and dashboard pages.
- Data collection at times getting stopped due to WMI and CLI monitors is fixed.
- Issue of unable to add a new custom event log rule, if all the rules are deleted is fixed.
- Event specific tables are cleaned up properly now.
- NCM plugin details shown in About page now.
- Issue of editing the snmp credentials when the credential name contains space, is fixed.
- False alerts sometimes raised for windows services , process monitors is fixed.
- Unable to initiate rediscovery of a device, if there are more number of credentials defined is fixed.
- Issue of interface name not displayed properly during business view creation and edition is resolved.
- Issue of duplicate entries in wrapper conf file when database configuration is invoked, is fixed.
Readme for Build 8722
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8722
December 27, 2010
- Support for adding non ping-able device is included now.
- Support for scheduling downtime for consecutive days is provided in Monthly Day-wise option.
- WAN link report has a link to the interface and device snap shot page.
- Domain Controller category is now listed in URL response widget.
- Process monitoring - Down alert is generated if the instance count is 0 and ‘consecutive times’ field is configured.
- Device Templates now have a ‘Copy As’ option to enable saving the same template under a different name.
- During Failover, email notifications are sent when:
- The Standby server is not started.
- Data replication process is not completed during standby server startup.
- If data replication fails during take over.
- Appropriate message is shown to the user, if the client is connected to standby server in standby mode.
- Issue of primary and secondary running as ‘active’ at the same time, is resolved
- OpManager upgrades are effected smoothly.
- Mysql database tables getting corrupted at times, if fixed during server start up.
- OpManager plugins are not be shown for business view users.
- Issue of device not getting added at times, is fixed.
- CIDR Discovery related issues are fixed.
- Network view is grayed out even when there are some active devices added, is fixed.
- CLI Credentials are listed correctly in Add Server Page.
- Special characters in SNMP community string and WMI Credentials are supported now.
- Device Type is now set correctly even if the device is removed and rediscovered again.
- Interfaces are now discovered/rediscovered properly even if the interface count exceeds 1000.
- Issue of error page showing up in some scenarios when viewing the Traffic Map, is fixed.
- Layer 2 maps now show proper color-coding to reflect the Links status.
- Layer 2 mapping is shown properly even for routers that have sub-interfaces.
- Issue of OpManager getting crashed at times, due to large number of iprouting entries in BGP router, is fixed.
- The list view showing duplicate entries for devices with multiple CPU instances, is fixed.
- Interface/Port symbol is correctly shown in the corresponding map view page.
- Issue of being unable to access a business view, is now fixed.
- Custom business view images are included during backup and restoration.
- Alarms are properly generated when the consecutive failure count is configured in the URL monitors.
- Threshold alarms are now properly generated even if the message contains the $ symbol.
- Threshold alarms are properly generated for the WMI based monitors.
- A read-only user for business views can now view alerts only for the devices in that view.
- Threshold violation alerts not generated if threshold.conf file is corrupted, is fixed now.
- OpManager no longer crashes when viewing the devices alarms or unsolicited traps!
- Issue of SMS alerts not sent at times, is fixed.
- Issue of device down alert not generated, if already an alert of same severity is present, is fixed.
- Custom WMI monitors can now have same monitor name, if the data is polled using different WMI Class.
- WMI monitors are added correctly even if the monitor name exceeds 255 characters.
- The issue of Real Time Monitors not shown if the device has had any WMI specific errors, is now fixed.
- Used disk space monitor (public / mail store) is now listed correctly for Exchange 2000/2003.
- You can add Exchange Server - store information details even if more than 10 - 15 stores are configured.
- The calculation of SNMP-based CPU utilization was formerly incorrect. It is fixed to reflect the correct utilization.
- When both, SNMP and WMI Process Monitors are added, polling is now done for both the monitors.
- CLI credential options are removed for network devices.
- Data Collection
- Proper data collection now happens for Cisco Temperature monitor.
- Data collection stops at times in OpManager 64 bit version. This issue is fixed.
- Data collection is smooth even if monitored partitions have space in their names.
- Data archiving was not done due to error in dynamic table creation. This is fixed.
- Interface data is collected properly even if ifspeed is not configured.
- Device status is updated correctly irrespective of the dependency configuration.
- Switch Port Mapper data was not shown at times because of snmp timeout. This is fixed.
- Issue of CLI based CPU, Memory and Disk utilization data not shown for different flavors of Linux / Solaris / AIX devices is rectified now.
- Custom Reports display the resource monitors protocol-wise if all the supported protocol monitors are associated to the device.
- The sorting in the ‘All servers disk usage report’ is based on the device names instead of disk usage.
- Windows Service Monitor Availability and Process Monitor Availability reports are rendered properly when exported to PDF or XLS format.
- Scheduled reports and custom infrastructure reports can now have a space in the report name. Example: December Report.
- You can edit the custom report for virtual devices.
- Modifying or assigning a Downtime schedule to an existing or new business view is now possible.
- Newly added business view not being displayed when editing the Downtime scheduler is fixed now.
- You can edit and save the changes for Down Services and Down Devices widgets.
Readme for Build 8721
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8721
August 30, 2010
- The Downtime Scheduler now has an option to schedule a downtime on a monthly basis
- Monitoring of Exchange 2010 is now supported
- The notification criteria for the Printer and UPS includes variables like paper jam, low toner, low battery etc.
- The threshold configuration now allows you to select ‘Not Equals’ as a match condition
- OpManager Webclient, if invoked before the OpManager server process, reflects the status of OpManager process
- The reason for a credential failure is shown on clicking the Test Credentials button
- More time options such as 1, 2 , 4, 6 hours have been included in Widgets
- New widgets are included to show devices and services that are down, and also to show the business view traffic map
- An email notification is sent when OpManager loses connection to the database
- If the Syslog port is occupied, a message to this effect is shown in the Syslog Rules page
- A hyperlink to the alarm details page is added in the notification mail message
- The About page shows the latest build number available for download on the OpManager website
- A couple of issues in daily and weekly schedule in Downtime Scheduler when selecting a day⁄time are fixed.
- Notification Profiles
- The Advanced button in the notification profiles criteria page now works correctly
- URL Monitors are now listed in the notification criteria when the devices are categorized under Custom Category
- For servers running Windows applications, notification is triggered for threshold violation only if the parameters in MSSQL ⁄ Exchange ⁄ Domain Controller monitors are explicitly selected from the criteria even if the condition If Any Threshold value is configured is selected
- Availability reports are now approximated to 3 decimal places
- When exporting a monitor with multiple instances to Excel format, all the instances are now correctly exported
- Custom Report were not rendered properly when the instance name exceeded a particular length. This is now fixed
- Issue of ‘No Data’ shown in Total Bytes Transferred report, if scheduled, is fixed
- VMware devices
- You can choose to monitor only the required VMs on a host. You can remove or add the instances to be monitored from the host snapshot page
- Discovery related issues have been fixed
- Following few issues in the Back Up ⁄ Restoration process are fixed:
- Build Number Check is included to address incompatibility issues
- Users Permission Check is included and an alert is triggered when the user does not have administrator privilege
- After the backup and restoration, the device details are now correctly displayed including the custom fields
- The HTTPS mode related backup⁄restoration issues are fixed
- Fixed no show of data in the list view of a business view when the page size is changed
- Dashboard views shows no data for Network Maps and Business Views. This is fixed
- When an alarm is deleted from the alarm details page, the page is redirected to the device snapshot page after deletion
- The authentication encryption issue in NTLM URL monitors is fixed and the data is collected properly
- When an IPAddress is changed for a device the other polling parameters are now correctly updated with the changed IP and data collection is uninterrupted
- The page loading issue when the interface⁄port count exceeds 500 is fixed using smaller icons
- The resource reports in the list view maps earlier showed the average value. It is now fixed to show the data collected in the latest poll
- The alarm escalation, when applied to a business view, now shows the devices filtered based on category within the business view
- OpManager webclient shortcut (Start –> All programs –> ManageEngine OpManager –> OpManager Web Client) is invoked correctly in the HTTPS mode
- OpManager now accepts a blank password when installing with MSSQL database server
- An anti virus check is done during OpManager installation
- The DomainController snapshot page is enhanced to reflect proper device information if the Domain Controller license is expired
- The issue of device not showing up when searched for, is now fixed
- The issue of reports not showing any data at times when Database Maintenance is configured is now fixed
- The display and alignment of Widgets in the GUI due to the length of the Widget name is now fixed
- Trouble Ticket details are now properly updated when creating a ‘Log a Ticket’ profile
- You can now associate Windows monitors to devices in a custom category inheriting server properties
- An occasional error when adding the ‘Information Store box’ monitor on an Exchange server is now fixed
Readme for Build 8720
OpManager v8 – Build No. 8720
July 16, 2010
- Exhaustive ESX VMware Monitoring using VMware APIs. Supports monitoring ESX 3.5, ESX3.5i, ESX4 and ESX4i
- Automatic Layer 2/ Layer 3 network mapping
- Supports configuring Mail server with ssl support
- New collection of widgets for Service and Process Monitoring added
- New set of device templates and monitors included
- Category ‘Unknown’ has been introduced
- NetFlow plugin version 8000 released. Click here to upgrade to the latest NetFlow plugin release.
- NCM plugin version 5500 released. Click here to upgrade to the latest NCM plugin release.
- Localization related issues fixed for Japanese, Chinese and French installations.
- Devices falling under a downtime scheduler that is configured to run ‘once’, was getting unmanaged on upgrade to build 8700. This happened only if OpManager had MS SQL as the database.
- Upgrading to build 8700, disabled "Read only" users to see the "Alarm Notes"; This issue has been fixed.
Readme for Build 8052
OpManager v8 – Hot Fix IX – Build No. 8052
Apr 27, 2010
- A new CLI-based monitor for partition details of a device is included.
Alarm Details page has been enhanced to show the name of the log rule that triggered alarms (for Syslogs, Event Logs, and SNMP Trap based alarms). You can also edit the rule from this page.
- The status of a Downtime Scheduler (in progress or not) is now shown in the schedule listing page.
- You can now revert a re–branded installation of OpManager to the original settings that will default to OpManager logo and images.
- The URL monitors falling in a Downtime Schedule, are managed and monitored correctly once the schedule is complete.
- When trying to apply a hotfix or upgrade pack, an alert message is displayed to stop OpManager server if it is found running.
- An alert message is shown during installation if the user does not have administrator privilege or full control permission for the OpManager installation directory.
- The issue of the progress bar in the UpdateManager stopping at 98% during upgrade, is fixed.
- Netflow details are now correctly displayed in the OpManager Firewall Snapshot page.
- There are no false downtime alerts for devices now.
- The Jump To link to jump from OpManager to ServiceDesk
Plus, now logs you into ServiceDesk Plus smoothly.
- Appropriate message is shown to create a notification profile without any special characters in the profile name.
- Duplicate entries were found when collecting data for Interfaces. This is fixed.
- The option to rediscover interfaces now discovers even the interfaces with holes and lists all the interfaces even if admin/operation status is not implemented in the agent.
- Issue of traffic exceeding inspeed / out speed is resolved.
- There was an error in calculating the 95th Percentile value. This is now fixed.
- You can now configure a notification Profile with syslog / event log rule as criteria.
- RSS Feed option is not available for users with ‘Read-Only’ privilege.
- You can now schedule reports even for the resources that have a special character in the SNMP OID.
- The latest log files (the last two days) are zipped in the Support Information File (SIF) if the size of the entire SIF exceeds 50 MB.
- Upload of MIBs (present under other directories) using OpManager WebClient is now possible.
- Windows 2008 devices and Windows Vista devices are now classified correctly using WMI.
- The status of the URL monitors are now properly updated.
Readme for Build 8051
OpManager v8 – Hot Fix VIII – Build No. 8051
Mar 2, 2010
- Link to OpManager Community portal is included as a separate tab.
- Support extended for managing Windows 7 devices.
- Devices are added more quickly for discovery.
- Upgrade to the latest versions in Linux without glitches. Few users had trouble upgrading to 8050.
- Improved data collection for the WMI-based monitors in the 64 bit OS installation.
- Improved helpdesk integration by fetching the correct information from ServiceDesk Plus.
- Correct time-range is displayed in the Availability dashboard now.
- Smooth Alarm escalation configuration after fixing the issues reported.
Readme for Build 8050
OpManager v8 – Service Pack III – Build No. 8050
Jan 8, 2010
- Data is collected every 5 minutes in the WAN RTT Monitor
- Hop graphs are now shown for every RTT path from source to destination
- Data is collected every 5 minutes in the VoIP Monitor
- OpManager now supports 64-bit OS
- File and folder monitoring for Windows devices
- Provision to create custom WMI monitors in addition to the already available SNMP-based custom monitors. You can also associate these monitors from the device templates
- Users can now access the OpManager web client using iPhone or Blackberry user interfaces
- A new network traffic map to let you quickly identify highly utilized network links
- OpManager now also alerts via Twitter Direct Messages
- More device templates included taking the templates count to over 650 device types out-of-the-box
- Provision to monitor custom event log categories in addition to the default Windows event logs
- Reports enhanced to include NT Services and Process availability reports
- Scheduled reports are now available for all reports and monitors
- Support to export reports as Excel files now extended to all the in-built reports
- MySQL connection loss issue in build 8030 is fixed
- Migration issue for customer using MS SQL backend in build 8030 and 8040 releases has been fixed
- Incorrect data shown for Domain controller CPU Utilization is fixed
- Custom configured dials disappearing issue has been fixed
OpManager v8 – Hotfix VII – Build No. 8025
Nov 23, 2009
- Alarm Notifications Include alerting through RSS feeds
- Provision to edit existing user privileges
- Device snap shot page now shows current hour availability details instead of hourly average
- The MS SQL Dashboard now includes Cache Hit Ratio data for SQL 2005
- Included new options to exclude monitoring Exchange Public/ Mail store location while adding Exchange monitors
- Issue on data collection when WMI credentials contain spaces is fixed
- Intermittent Test Credentials failure is fixed
- Includes performance enhancements w.r.t.
- Windows Event Log monitoring and
- Events data reports
OpManager v8 – Hotfix VI – Build No. 8024
Oct 9, 2009
- The tools in the Device Snapshot page now includes SSH⁄ HTTPs options
- Export of Switch Port Mapper Reports as PDF or Excel files. Option to send the report via email also included.
- Ability to send SMS if the OpManager server loses network connectivity.
- Intermittent device polling issue is fixed
- Options to rediscover is disabled for read only users
- Notification fixes includes the following
- Notification not sent for Threshold violation for some MSSQL ⁄ Exchange ⁄ Domain Controllers monitors are resolved
- Notification not sent if the Windows service name contains underscore is fixed
- Unable to view the MSSQL – database instance name, in Weekly⁄ Monthly reports is resolved
- Service Level Management Dashboards add on details will be shown in the About Page
- Option to drop all the events information added
- Threshold rearm for process monitors fixed
- Multiple Real–time widget graphs loading issue is fixed
- Issue in My–sql backup for Non–English version, is resolved
- Write Community not getting updated during device discovery issue is fixed.
OpManager v8 – Hotfix V – Build No. 8022
Aug 11, 2009
- Notification Profile:
- In addition to ‘Custom Fields for Devices’ and ‘Alarm Variables’, ‘Device Properties’ such as Device Type, Device State, RAM, Disk, IPAddress etc. can now be added to all the notification profiles
- Option to add ‘Custom Fields for Devices’ and ‘Device Properties’ as arguments for Run System /Run Program command
- Option to select the required Devices is provided in the MIB Browser
- Provision to set the ‘List View’ as default map view
- Option to view the current downtime details in the Outage History reports
- Interface Real time graphs will be shown by default for all the users, irrespective of license applied
- The Netflow dashboard can now be seen from the OpManager webclient if the Netflow plugin is installed
- Issue of status not getting updated for some devices is fixed
- Fixed the problem in accessing of the Map page for a Read Only User with access to certain business view
- Issue in showing incorrect source in trap forwarding scenario is resolved.The actual source device of the trap will be shown instead of the forwarded device
- Error page in switch snap-shot page if Netflow Plugin is started along with OpManager is fixed
- Issue of health report not shown if all the devices are in the ‘up’ state is fixed
- Unable to configure 0 as threshold value for process monitors is fixed
OpManager v8 – Hotfix IV – Build No. 8021
- Enhanced Alarm actions:
- Option to perform Ping, Trace Route, Test Monitor, Actions, Manage/ Unmanage devices, RDP & much more for every alarm.
- Email Notification will have a link to device snapshot page for faster access to OpManager web-client
- Ability to add Google maps to Custom Dashboards
- Option to sort entries in Infrastructure view widget
- WMI–based partition details are added out–of–the–box
- No data on time range–based availability report fixed
- Notification profile association for Windows NT services fixed
- Custom Category Fixes:
- Domain Controller Performance data on at–a–glance reports are shown even if the device is moved to a custom category.
- Error while adding performance monitor to a device, if moved to custom category is fixed
- Included option to configure notification profile for devices in custom categories viz. Windows Services, Event–Log rules etc...
- Interface related Fixes:
- Sort Interfaces by “IfIndex” in the devices snapshot page
- Custom/ Vendor specific monitors will be added only for managed interfaces
- Threshold values not getting cleared issue for interface errors & discards is fixed
- Memory Performance issue for VMware and CLI–based monitoring fixed
- System idle process is removed from the list of Top 3 Processes
- Fixed data not available issue from some NTML URLs
- OpManager’s latest discussions are now shown in Support tab
OpManager v8 Service Pack II - Build No. 8020
Enhancements & Issues fixed
- Alarm Suppression: Suppress the alarms of a specific device for a pre-defined time interval.
- Faster Backup and Restore utilities
- I18N Internationalization issues fixed (For Japanese and Chinese Language)
8.0 Hot-fix III - Build No. 8007
Enhancements & Issues fixed
- Provision to add Telnet/SSH port number for devices discovered/monitored though CLI.
- A new option to configure the consecutive times when the alarm should be generated has been added for URL monitors
- Option to view the Real time graphs for the premium license users
- SLA Dashboard now shows for business views
- The issue of Packet Loss data not being shown when OpManager is installed in Windows 2008/Vista is fixed
- The issue of the Device not moving to the managed status when the downtime scheduler is completed has been fixed
- Interface fixes
- Option to configure Notification for interfaces belonging to Servers and Desktop category has been added
- In the device snap shot page, instead of average data the latest collected traffic data is now shown
- The Utilization graph was not shown in the interface snap shot page even when the data was collected. This is fixed
- Configure tab option added in the interface snap shot page
- Issue of status polling getting checked if one configures threshold settings from the interface template is fixed.
- Issue of broken image or images not correctly shown for business views if multiple Business views widgets are created is fixed
- Bar image option added in All servers disk usage report
- Custom period data was not shown if one generates an availability report in pdf or excel format. This is fixed
- Today’s data report used to be generated if one schedules 7days/30 days availability report. This has been fixed
- Issue of scrambled reports when monitors of type multiple /multiple node is generated is fixed
- Default monitors added for MGE and TrippLite type UPS
- In the Alarms tab, the issue of alarms not getting cleared or deleted if one selects all alarms is fixed
- Issue of exchange version details not updated is fixed
- Error "Database disconnected" has been fixed.
- Provision to view the "About" and "Register" link is removed for Read only users.
- Interface name with special character are listed in customizable dashboard widgets.
- Unable to add used/free disk space monitors for Netware devices has been fixed.
- Option to monitor the cumulative resource usage for VMware server is enabled, even without the add-on license. (Note: VMware Dashboard still requires add-on licensing).
OpManager v8 Upgrade pack - Build No. 8000
New Features or Enhancements added
- Plug-in for Network Configuration Management (NCCM).
- Syslog Monitoring.
- More performance monitors for Windows infrastructure.
- Customizable dashboards.
- Plasma TV/CCTV View.
- List view or Bulk configuration view.
- Real time graphs for performance Monitors (CPU, Memory, Disk & etc.)
- Real time Traffic and Bandwidth graphs.
- More Device Tools (RDP, Telnet apart from Weblinks, Trace Route, Ping and etc).
- Process Monitoring Template.
- Superior Interface Snapshot page.
- Enhanced Reports.
- Failover Support.
- Intro Tab - To facilitate fast deployment of OpManager.
- Fixed issues related to non-English versions of OpManager
7.2 Hotfix V - Build No. 7205
- Support for integrating Service Desk Plus with users imported from Active Directory.
- Memory Utilization values now shown for ESX Server devices
- Provision to configure ‘Attention’ severity alarms in Alarm Escalation
- Deleted default categories were not listed when adding new category. This is fixed.
- Fixed issues while rediscovering more than 1000 interfaces
7.2 Hotfix IV - Build No. 7204
New Features or Enhancements added
- Support for VoIP Monitoring.
- Plug in for NetFlow monitoring.
- All new revamped WAN RTT Monitoring (IP SLA based WAN Monitoring).
- Over 300 new Device templates have been added.
- Support for integrating NetFlow Analyzer Enterprise Edition (configurable from Admin-> Add-On/Product Settings).
- Option to configure ICMP ping to the devices using IP Address or DNS Name. (NOTE - The option is provided in ServerParameters.conf file in OpManager\conf folder).
- Option to select the Exchange server version (2003 or 2007) while configuring the exchange monitors.
- Provision to add notes on Alarm messages for read only users.
- Provision to configure the username/password in DBManager, if there is a change in Database credentials.
- Ability to configure thresholds even for negative value monitors.
- Support for monitoring OID of type Time-Ticks.
- Interface data not displaying in the device snapshot page even though the data is collected.
- Unable to delete/clear an alarm if it contains any special character.
- False alarms in windows services.
- ESX Servers rediscovery issue.
- Switch Port Mapper not listing all routers and switches.
- Data not being shown in router availability and response time reports.
- Issue in monitoring certain parameters, when the device is imported to the domain controller category.
- Display name not shown in the device snapshot page, if the sysname is not configured.
- Issue with monitoring the process running on Windows 2000.
- Data display issue in the following reports
- Health Report - Not showing response time data.
- Availability reports for Business Views.
- Router health report - Not showing Cisco temperature data.
7.2 Hotfix II - Build No. 7202
New Features or Enhancements added
- Ability for the devices in the Custom category to inherit the properties of another selected category.
- Monitoring and installation support for Windows 2008. A separate device template is also included for Windows 2008.
- Availability Reports showing the uptime/downtime in day-wise, by hours etc.
- Provision to delete custom monitors.
- Option to view current day’s data in Active connections / mobile users / temperature monitors in the snapshot page.
- DB corruption issues.
- IP address not getting updated for the devices in the DHCP environment.
- Different values being shown for memory utilization when doing a test monitor and normal data collection.
- Issue in monitoring VMware performance parameters.
- Issue in loading traps from MIBs.
- Issue in displaying utilization reports for last the last 7/30 days with MSSQL being the backend database.
- Asset details not getting displayed (OpManager and ServiceDesk Plus integrated set-up) if the device is not scanned in ServiceDesk Plus.
- Service monitors not getting properly associated when using the QCW.
- Data not getting displayed in server health report of a business view.
- Not displaying the interface traffic, if speed is not configured.
7.2 Hotfix I - Build No. 7201
- ‘Unable to find the ManagedObject’ encountering while getting interface data.
- Email ID fields not accepting ‘.local’ domain name.
OpManager v7 Service Pack II - Build No. 7200
New Features or Enhancements added
- SNMPv3 support.
- String OID monitoring.
- Process Monitoring in Windows and Linux devices.
- Schedule the reports and export to Excel format.
- Availability reports - Displays onhold, parent down, dependent unavailable, on maintenance parameters of the devices.
- Generate Time based availability reports.
- Sys OIDs are added for the following series Cisco 2800, Catalyst 3750, Cisco PIX.
- Enhanced Webclient Performance wrt Mysql Database. Reduced the number of queries to access a device snapshot page.
- Not displaying the device name in the Router interface reports.
- Not displaying the customer’s new email address when applying for a new license file in the Support Portal.
- Firewalls Map - Details View is removed and Small View is made as default.
- Issues in Switch Port Mapper
a. Rediscovering a switch.
b. Not displaying the switch port mappings wrt to the selected switch.
- Mail option not working for some reports wrt interface.
- Device Change Password screen - Throws error while submitting the page when device specific credential radio button is selected and no values are given for the same.
- Some UI related and i18n issues.
OpManager v7 Service Pack I - Build No. 7100
New Features added
- Add-on for monitoring VMware ESX Servers.
- Discover devices by importing from a CSV file.
- Process monitoring on Windows Servers and Desktops.
- Web-alarm enabling users to be notified of a fault.
- Determining device availability using TCP Port checks.
- Provision to add a device directly into a category.
- Provision to add custom links to devices for ready reference.
- Provision to select a time-window for a notification to be sent.
- Exporting reports to XLS file format.
- Alarm escalation policies can be configured for all devices in a business view.
- Enhanced switch port mapper showing the ports-devices mapping information.
- URL password is now in encrypted format.
- Enhanced the min/max values displayed in the interface reports.
- MSSQL DB password is now in encrypted format.
- Top 1000 Reports option is included in scheduled reports.
- Traffic data not getting collected for some devices when the agent does not respond to all the OIDs.
- Shortcuts’ status not getting propagated in business view.
- Issue with URL match content filter.
- Issue in changing the monitoring interval for router memory utilization.
- Enhanced backup and restore functions.
- Issue in Custom Links.
- Correct CPU usage and upgraded RAM not rediscovered for VMware.
- Issue in encountering ‘unable to find the device’ message while searching a device.
- Web alarm count mismatch.
- CLI max connections reaching issue.
- Alarm message getting truncated if the alarm message contains ‘$’ symbol is static portion of mail.
- 7100 ppm not getting applied if the UPS category is removed.
Installing the upgrade pack
To apply the Upgrade Pack/Hotfix/ Service Pack
- Shut down OpManager (If OpManager is running as a service, stop the service from Control Panel-> Services window.)
- Take a backup by executing the command <opmanager-home>/bin/backup/BackupDB.bat.
- Run the script UpdateManager.bat (UpdateManager.sh for Linux) in the <opmanager-home>/bin folder. This opens the Update Manager tool.
- Click "Install" and then click "Browse" to select the Upgrade Pack file (the .ppm file that you’d downloaded).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the Service/Upgrade Pack.
- Once the upgrade is complete, start OpManager Server.
- Restart OpManager after applying each hotfix or service pack.
- If you are using a build earlier to 6010, then kindly contact OpManager Support to upgrade
Uninstalling the Upgrade Pack
To uninstall the upgrade pack,
- Stop the OpManager Server if it is running.
- Invoke the tool UpdateManager.bat/.sh from <OpManager Home>/bin directory.
- Select the Upgrade Pack from the list of installed packs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart the Server, after successfully uninstalling the upgrade pack.
Want help with upgrading OpManager to the latest version? Contact OpManager Support