ManageEngine Controls Password Security Lapses
Don’t Leave the Keys to Your Business in the Ignition
Real-IT check: Are there multiple administrative passwords for critical servers, firewalls and other devices ? Do passwords stored in spreadsheets, text files and even as printouts invite security breaches?
- Eliminate – password fatigue and security lapses by deploying a secure, centralized vault for password storage and access
- Improve – IT productivity by automating frequent password changes required in critical systems
- Prevent – password leaks through approval workflows & real-time alerts
- Comply – with security audits and compliance regulations such as SOX, HIPAA and PCI
The ManageEngine difference.
IT done right. According to Gartner, the overall security level of an enterprise is the sum of many security foundation elements: strong perimeter defenses, the proper configuration of system resources and effective controls for resource access. Protecting application and data resources requires, among other things, authenticating the people that access those resources. In turn, the integrity of the authentication process depends on uncompromised, secure passwords. Administrative and privileged passwords introduce the potential for security breaches everywhere in the enterprise. Servers, databases, switches, routers, firewalls and any other hardware or software can have large number of administrative passwords. Often, passwords are insecurely stored in spreadsheets, text files and even as printouts and are shared by a group of administrators. With ManageEngine Password Manager, passwords are no longer the weak link in your security strategy
- Secure all enterprise passwords – privileged accounts, shared accounts and others in the secure, centralized repository
- Eliminate hard-coded passwords – applications or scripts can query Password Manager to retrieve passwords to connect with other applications or databases
- Implement well-defined ownership – with provisions for selective sharing of passwords on need basis
- Enforce pre-defined roles – fine-grained restrictions
- Implement comprehensive audit trails – complete record of ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘when’ of password access
- Control password access workflows – time-limited access, exclusive privilege, concurrency controls and two-factor authentication
- Get real-time alerts – on the occurrence of various password events for integration with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
Other Related Product
Security Manager Plus
Security Manager Plus is a network security scanner that proactively reports on network vulnerabilities and helps to remediate them and ensure compliance. With vulnerability scanning, open ports detection, patch management, Windows file/folder/registry change management and vulnerability reporting capabilities, Security Manager Plus protects the network from security threats and malicious attacks.