In today's world of Information Technology, Active Directory functions as the beehive of all organizational activities. As a consequence, one wrong move could spark off a domino-fall-sequence of disasters that might result in a total collapse of the organization's functions.
TIn order to avoid such adversities the Active Directory management team should take safety measures and ensure that all actions performed in AD are supervised or double-checked.
Administrators will agree that this function is not so easy because of exhaustive man-hours and other resources that go in to securing Active Directory. To combat these shortcomings, ManageEngine ADManager Plus brings you Workflow - a workflow management, Active Directory ticketing and Compliance system, right within ADManager Plus itself!!
Active Directory Workflow
|Workflow is much like a repository for Active Directory task requests or tickets, which also allows the administrator to define the approval workflow of how these tasks should be executed.|
Example: Requester --> Reviewer --> Approver --> ExecuterWorkflow draws the constitution for an Active Directory task to be executed, and while it acts rigid to ensure security, it is reasonably flexible to give way to a faster execution of tasks!
- The ability to build a customized workflow structure, with required number of workflow agents appropriate to organization needs. . viz. Requester, reviewer, Approver and Executer.
- Practically unlimited repository of requests. All agents in the loop can view all the requests, keep track of the completed ones, and act upon them (if they are designated to do so).
- Functions as a compliance tool-kit; holds an exhaustive list of all requests that were completed which can be kept for a desired period or as long as your IT compliance Acts require
- Facilitates notification to concerned users anytime during the execution of a task
- The ability to define a set of rules that help assign a set of workflow agents and priority to a specific task
- The Workflow can also be implemented in the ADManager Plus 'Automation' to retain required level of control over automated tasks.
The Two Sides of Workflow:
ADManager Plus workflow is efficient like a system of its own, but still compact that it resides inside the comprehensive Active Directory Management tool! It acts as both as an Active Directory ticketing software and as a compliance software!!
|Make your everyday Active Directory management tasks easy and light with ADManager Plus's AD Management features. Create, modify and delete users in a few clicks!
||Manage your Active Directory Security Groups. Create, Delete and Modify Groups...all in a few clicks. Configure Exchange attributes of AD Groups and effect bulk group changes to your AD security groups.
|Granular reporting on your AD Computer objects to the minutest detail. Monitor...and modify computer attributes right within the report. Reports on Inactive Computers and operating systems.
||Unload some of your workload without losing your hold. Secure & non-invasive helpdesk delegation and management from ADManager Plus! Delegate powers for technician on specific tasks in specific OUs.
|Get rid of the inactive, obsolete and unwanted objects in your Active Directory to make it more secure and efficient...assisted by ADManager Plus's AD Cleanup capabilities.
||A complete automation of AD critical tasks such as user provisioning, inactive-user clean up etc. Also lets you sequence and execute follow-up tasks and blends with workflow to offer a brilliant controlled-automation.
"We evaluated ADManager Plus along with several other Active Directory Management and Reporting software. After using it really made life easy for administrators. It is very understandable and fast to learn, I didn't even read the manual."
Bogdan Campeanu, Network Engineer