How to set different managers for different users in bulk
Objective: While creating new user accounts in bulk, different user accounts have to be specified with a different manager as required.
Solution: You can specify the required manager's Distinguished Name in the manager attribute while specifying the user account details in the CSV file for bulk user creation.
- Click on AD Mgmt.
- Go to User Management → User Creation → Create Bulk Users. Or, go to CSV Import → Create Users.
- Select the Domain and the required User Creation Template.
- Use the Add Users option to enter the details, including the manager name, for each user account one after the other.
- Alternatively, you can import a CSV file with the list of all the users to be created along with the appropriate values for all their attributes.
To specify a manager for the users, in the manager attribute column in the CSV file, specify the Distinguished Name of the required manager.
- Click on Next.
- Select the required Container or create a new one using the Create New OU link.
- Click on create users to create the required user accounts with the appropriate managers specified for each of them.
Select a language to translate the contents of this web page: