Unable to get AD objects / Workgroup resources listed in the Define Target Resource Browser
The Define Target Resource Browser does not list all the AD objects / Workgroup resources.
You may face this problem if,
- Desktop Central Server is installed on a machine running Windows 7/Vista/2008 Server/ 2008 R2 Server, the credentials might not have been set in the ManageEngine Desktop Central 7 Service.
- Presence of special characters such as ", ', in the names of resources like OU, Computers, Users, etc.,
- Availability of a large number of objects resources in your AD/Workgroup.
Check the credentials:
- Goto Start and select Control Panel
- Select Administrative Tools.
- Double Click on Services. This opens the Services Window.
- Right Click ManageEngine Desktop Central 7 and select Properties.
- Select the Log On Tab.
- Enter the username in in 'This account' text field. The username should be of the format: <domain name>\username
- Enter the password in the password field.
- Click OK.
- Right click on ManageEngine Desktop Central 7 and click on Restart. This will restart the service.
Check for the presence of special characters
Check for the presence of special characters in your AD Objects/ Workgroup Resources names. If found, send Log Files to firstname.lastname@example.org with the problem description. Our engineers will look into the issue and suggest you an appropriate resolution.
To Send Log Files to Support,
- Click the Support tab from the Desktop Central client.
- Click the "Support File" link under Contact Us.
- Select the "Include Client Logs" check box and select the computers to include the Agent Logs of the selected machines.
- Click Create Support. This may take sometime depending upon the number of systems chosen.
- After the Support File is created, you will be prompted to specify your email address and message. Specify and click Send.
Wait till the resources get listed
If there are a large number of AD Objects/ Workgroup Resources, it is sure to take some extra time. So please wait for all the resources to get listed.
Applies to: User Configurations, Computer Configurations, Configuring Desktops, Define Target Resource Browser
Keywords: User Configuration settings, Computer Configuration settings, Windows Desktop Configuration, AD objects, Workgroup Resources.
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields