README for Desktop Central 8 SP 2
Enhancements & Bug fixes between Build 80100 and 80204
- Now DesktopCentral Supports PostgreSQL database.
- UI localization support has been included for "Simplified Chinese".
- Now DesktopCentral Supports Windows 8 Operating System
- Agent service is enhanced to recover automatically in case of repeated failures.
- Now DesktopCentral Supports NTLM Authentication with MS SQL Server.
- Option to remember the login credentials has been removed from the Desktop Central login page.
- Issue in displaying previous login details in the Agent tray icon is fixed.
Scope of Management
- Data provided in 'Feed Custom Data for computers' can now be listed in SoM computer view.
- 'Distinguished Name' is added in SoM policy view.
- The targets chosen by a technician for a configuration will be remembered for the next configuration he/she defines.
- Configurations which were skipped due to agent not-reachable, will be applied as soon as the agent comes live.
- Issue in selecting OU with same name while defining a target has been fixed.
- Issue in sending the "Not Applicable" status when multiple targets were selected has been fixed.
- Issue in creating User Profile member in "User Management configuration" has been fixed
- Software Metering report has been introduced in Inventory Computer Details page.
- Issue in fetching wrong device model for Lenovo computers has been fixed.
- Issue in identifying Internet Explorer 8 installed on a computer has been fixed.
- Issue in showing duplicate printers connected to a computer has been fixed.
- Automatic Patch Management UI has been enhanced to report the status and details of task.
- Issue in selecting computers while clicking on 'Deploy Missing Patches button' has been fixed.
Mobile Device Management
New settings for iOS 6 such as App Lock and Global Proxy Settings have been added.
- Support for using dynamic variables in Email and Exchange Active Sync has been added.
- You will now be able to enroll multiple mobile devices for the same user.
- While enrolling a mobile device, issue in validating the reason for authentication failure has been fixed.
- ssue in configuring Email settings on the mobile devices when IMAP option is chosen has been fixed.
- ssue in suggesting the apps available in App Store while adding an App to MDM App Repository has been fixed.
- Remote Sessions which are idle for a specific time can now be automatically disconnected.
- Issue in using 'Ctrl + Alt + Del keys' during remote session, for computers running Windows XP or older versions has been fixed.
- Issue in using 'Shift Key' during remote sessions has been fixed.
- Issue in 'switching users' during remote session for computers running windows vista and later versions has been fixed.
- Issue in closing remote control service while disconnecting remote sessions has been fixed.
- Query Report is enhanced to be exported in .pdf format.
- Issue in publishing the scheduled reports url in HTTPS mode has been fixed.
- Issue in applying filters in User Logon History report has been fixed.
- Issue in exporting an empty XLS file as scheduled email reports has been fixed.