Software Installation - How To
How do I install iTunes 10 using Desktop Central?
This document will guide you through the steps involved in deploying iTunes version 10 to multiple computers using Desktop Central's Software Deployment.
Steps to Install iTunes using Desktop Central
- Download iTunes executable ( iTunesSetup.exe) and save locally. [Note: The file name should be exactly the same.]
- Download the script itunesinstall.txt and rename it to itunesinstall.vbs
- Add the package in Desktop Central as below:
- Select Software Deployment tab --> Add Package
- Select the Package Type as "MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command"
- Specify the Application Name as iTunes and select "HTTP Path" as the path type.
- Upload both the itunesinstall.vbs and iTunesSetup.exe
- Specify the " Installation Command with Switches/Arguments " as %windir%\system32\cscript.exe itunesinstall.vbs
- Click Add Package. The package gets added.
- Select the package and click Install/Uninstall Software.
- Select the required target users/computers and click Deploy