Advanced Mobile Device Management (MDM) for Samsung SAFE devices
Desktop Central offers advanced capabilities in managing Samsung SAFE devices. Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE) devices are enterprise-ready devices from Samsung with increased security and management capabilities. With Desktop Central, administrators will now have a better control on the SAFE devices to perform device level configurations remotely and supports over 100+ additional policies.
- Force end user to set passcode at a scheduled time
- Standardize the device by disallowing users to access or modify default settings on the mobile device
- Restrict employees from accessing Android browser.
- Restrict users from changing the device settings, reset to factory settings or from upgrading thier OS over-the-air
- Limits access to App Settings or go to Default Launcher to prevent any unnecessary user actions
- Restrict data sharing by enabling/disabling device capabilities such as Google Backup, Bluetooth, Camera, Tethering, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Disallow external hardware such as use of Microphone, USB device, and External SD card.
- Restrict screen capture
- The status bar can be made blank, so that the status information and other notifications are hidden
Advanced Carrier Management
Provides advanced controls on accessing data on roaming to cut down your expenses like,
- Restrict usage of Packet data on roaming
- Reduce the data consumption like WAP PUSH, MMS messages from being received during roaming
- Disable the automatic sync of applications such as email, contacts, calendar, etc.
- Disabling voice calls
- Silently Push/Remove Applications
- Control Access to Play store to forbid employee from installing any app themselves
- Restrict from using entertainment apps such as You tube
- Have complete control on what apps that the user should have on their devices including the versions. For example, users will not be allowed to install a blacklisted app or to remove any app from their device
- Single and multiple App Mode lock helps to lock down the device to display only the selected App
Support for KIOSK Mode :
Desktop Central support for Samsung Kiosk mode helps companies by providing better methods for accessing information and managing user activity. Some of the important support features offered by the solution are:
- Users are locked into one app - Single and multiple App Mode lock helps to lock down the device to display only the selected App
- Branding - Enables to customize the device screen to display company's logo
- Restricting user Activities - Limits access to App Settings or go to Default Launcher to prevent any unnecessary user actions
- Status Bar - The status bar can be made blank, so that the status information and other notifications are hidden
Refer to here for details on policies and management capabilities for core Android devices.