README for Upgrade Pack to Version 7.0
Enhancements and Bugfixes between Desktop Central SP 3 and Desktop Central 7
- Distribution Server introduced to reduce the bandwidth consumption in managing computers across WAN
- Support to block/unblock specific USB Devices included
- Desktop Central internationalized to manage computers running non-English version of operating systems
- Support for Windows 2008, Windows Vista, and 64-bit included
- Power Management Reports has been introduced.
- Ability to create Custom Reports has been included
- Automatic Patch Deployment enhanced with the ability to define multiple tasks.
- Install / uninstall silent switches of popular software now comes pre-filled
- Option to automatically uninstall the prohibited software from the managed computers has been included.
- Support for applying user configurations when you switch from one user to another has been included for Windows Vista and Windows 2008.
- Custom group creation has been enhanced by listing the computers/users in a tree view with search and filter options.
- Option to enable/disable trimming of column values in reports has been included
- IP Printer and Shortcut configurations can now be deployed to computers.
- A new report "Software Product Key" has been added under Inventory module.
- Support for viewing Remote Desktops from Firefox 3.0 and above has been included.
- Desktop Central Server performance has been optimized.
- Desktop Central agent binaries have been digitally signed.
- Issue in deploying patches in bulk has been fixed.
- Issues in Drive Mapping and Folder Redirection Configurations have been fixed.
- Issue in updating the patch database manually has been fixed.
- Issue in downloading patches and service packs has been fixed.
- Issues with dynamic variables has been fixed.
- Issue while deploying configurations with multiple targets has been fixed.
- Issues related to child domain networks has been fixed
- Issue in showing duplicate listing of computers in the Som page has been fixed.