Scheduled Deployment of OS Service Packs
Desktop Central, in addition to Windows Patch Management, also supports installation of Service Packs (SP) for Windows Operating systems (XP, Vista, 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8 etc.) and Applications. The Service Pack installation can be effected on multiple systems simultaneously, thus saving time and effort. You can scan your network to identify the computers in which Service Packs are missing and deploy them appropriately.
Deploying Service Packs (SP) using Desktop Central is a four step process: Scan and identify the missing Service Packs, Download the required service packs, define, and deploy the configuration. As a first step, you can scan your network for the missing service packs, then the missing service packs are downloaded and stored locally, which can be installed on to the systems. A configuration once defined can be used any number of times to deploy service packs to any number of systems. The status of the service pack deployment is made available in the reports for later verification.
Service Pack Installation Features
- Service Packs can be installed to multiple systems simultaneously
- Use an already downloaded service pack for installation
- Option to suspend and resume Service Pack installation
- View the status of the Service Pack installation
- Windows XP (SP2, SP3)
- Windows XP -x64 (SP2)
- Windows Server 2003 (SP1, SP2)
- Windows Server 2003 -x64 (SP2)
- Windows Vista (SP1, SP2).
- Windows Vista -x64 (SP1, SP2).
- Windows Server 2008 (SP2)
- Windows Server 2008 -x64 (SP2)
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Windows 7 -x64 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 -x64 (SP1)
.Net Framework Applications
- .Net Framework 1.0 (SP3)
- .Net Framework 1.1 (SP1)
- .NET Framework 2.0 (SP1, SP2)
- .NET Framework 2.0 -x64 (SP1, SP2)
- .NET Framework 3.0 (SP1)
- .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office 2003 (SP3)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (SP1, SP2 & SP3)
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack 2007 (SP1, SP2 & SP3)
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 (SP1, SP2 & SP3)
- Microsoft Office 2010 -x86 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office 2010 -x64 (SP1)
- Microsoft Visio 2010 -x86 (SP1)
- Microsoft Visio 2010 -x64 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2003 (SP3)
- Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003 (SP3)
- Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 (SP1, SP2 & SP3)
- Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2007 ( SP2, SP3)
- Microsoft Office Power Point Viewer 2007 (SP1, SP2 & SP3)
- Microsoft Visio Viewer 2010 (SP) - x86 & x64
- Microsoft Office Power Point Viewer 2010 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Web Components 2003 (SP1)
If you wanted to add more to this list, click here and register your requirement.
You can deploy Windows Service Packs using the free edition of Desktop Central, which includes Service Pack Deployment.
For more details on deploying service packs, refer to the Installing Windows Service Packs topic in online help.