DeviceExpert Upgrade Pack Download - Older Versions of DeviceExpert
Download Upgrade Packs
Instructions to apply the Upgrade Pack
- Shutdown the DeviceExpert Server, if running. If DeviceExpert is running as a service, shutdown the service
- It is recommended to backup the whole <DeviceExpert> installation directory before applying the upgrade pack
- The upgrade Pack is to be applied through a tool named UpdateManager bundled with DeviceExpert
- Navigate to <DEVICEEXPERT_HOME>/bin directory and execute UpdateManager.bat or UpdateManager.sh to start the Update Manager
- Click Browse and select .ppm file that you downloaded
- Click Install to install the upgrade pack. Wait until the upgrade pack is fully installed. [Normally, it takes a few minutes for PPM installation]
- Click Close and then click Exit to exit the Update Manager tool
- Start the DeviceExpert server / service
If you need any assistance or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I find out my Build number?
Log in to the DeviceExpert web interface, and click the About link in the top pane. You will find the build number mentioned below the version number. This is the build number of the currently installed DeviceExpert.
"Ability to create and push network device configurations
in automated fashion saves us a great deal of time. DeviceExpert is a very powerful configuration management tool."
Kevin Spies, LightYear Network Solutions, LLC