Setting Log Filters
Include filters specify those criteria which the log data must
meet in order to be included in the report. Exclude filters specify
those criteria which the log data must meet in order to be excluded from
the report. Apart from selecting specific filters to apply on a report,
you can also add, select, edit, and delete filters in this step. Include
and Exclude filters let you filter log data and show only specific details
in the custom report. Once you have set
filters, you can include or exclude
them while creating custom reports.
Adding a New Filter:
- Click the Add
icon to add a new filter
- In the popup window that opens, enter a unique name for the filter
- Select the type of filter you are creating, whether its a Include
Filter or an Exclude Filter.
- In the Include the following Protocols drop-down,
choose the protocols to be filtered
- In the Include the following IP/Hostname drop-down,
specify the IP addresses of the hosts (Single or IPRange or CIDR) to be filtered.
- In the Include the following Destinations drop-down,
specify the IP addresses of destination address (Single or IPRange or CIDR) to be filtered
- In the Include the following Events drop-down, choose
the event priorities to be filtered
- In the Include the following Users text box, specify
the users to be filtered. In this, you can use standard wild card characters for easy filtering.
- Click Finish to create the new filter. Click Cancel
to exit the wizard without saving the new filter.
Selecting a Filter:
- Click the Select
icon to select from the list of already created filters.
- You can select a specific filter or All filters and
then click the Select button. Click Cancel
to exit the wizard without selecting.
Editing a Filter:
- Click the
Edit icon to edit an existing filter
- Editing a filter affects all existing report profiles to which this filter
is applied. If you still want to edit the filter, accept the warning message
and proceed editing.
- The wizard for editing the filter is similar to that for adding a new filter.
Follow the same steps and click Finish to save the edited
filter. Click Cancel to exit the wizard without saving the
Removing a Filter:
- Click the Remove
icon to remove or delete an existing filter
- Choose whether you would like to Remove filter from the list
or Remove it completely
- Remove filter from the list option will only remove
the filter from this listing, but would still be available for selection.
Remove it completely option will remove this filter
permanently and affects all existing report profiles to which this filter
is applied. If you still want to remove this filter completely, accept
the warning message. The filter is removed, and all report profiles
to which this filter is applied, are permanently modified to reflect
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.