The free Software Inventory tool is a utility to collect information about the Software installed in a given computer of a Windows Domain. The Software details include Software Name, Version, Manufacturer and Usage statistics. The software details can be exported as txt and csv format. To collect the Software installed in a given computer, follow the steps below:
- Click the Software Inventory tool from the Launcher to invoke the tool.
- Specify the Domain name, user name and password to retrieve the details of the software installed in that computer. Please note that the user name and password specified here should have the necessary privileges to do this operation in the given computer.
- You can either specify the computer name manually or use the Browse button to select a computer to from Domain. When you browse to select the computers, specify the following in the pop-up dialog.
- Specify the name of the Domain Controller and click Get Computers. It will list all the computers of that domain.
- Select the Computer from which Software details have to be collected and click OK.
- The selected computer will be displayed in the Computer field.
- Click Get Details button to get the Software details.
- The Total number of Software and Software names, versions, manufacturers and usage statistics will be shown in the result.
- The results can be exported in text or CSV format by clicking on the respective icons in result.