Configuring MSSQL Database
NetFlow Analyzer lets users to configure and use MSSQL database.
The steps to configure and run the netflow Analyzer server with SQLSERVER as the database is given below:
- From the installed MS SQL SERVER, copy the files bcp.exe and bcp.rll to <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\bin folder. Note: If the MSSQL server is 64-bit and NetFlow Analyzer is installed on 32-bit server, the bcp.exe and bcp.rll copied from the MSSQL server will not work, a 32-bit bcp.exe and bcp.rll is needed. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification.
- Go to the services window on the server where MSSQL is installed. If "SQL browser" service is not running, please start the service
- If the NetFlow Analyzer and MSSQL database is on the different server, Download the same version of MSSQL server Native client and install it on the NetFlow Analyzer server. This is needed for NetFlow Analyzer to communicate remote database server.
- Invoke the <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\bin\changeDBServer.bat, to configure the MS SQLSERVER credentials like ServerName, Port, UserName and Password.
- Database Setup Wizard pops-up.
- In the wizard screen, select Server Type as SQL Server. Available SQL Server Instances are listed in a combo box. Enter the Host Name and Port of the SQL Server from the instances. ( NetFlow Analyzer will work only with default instance)
- Select the authentication type using the "Connect Using:" options.
- The options are:
NOTE: If the SQL server and the NetFlow Analyzer installed server are in different domains, you can only use SQL authentication.
For Windows Authentication, enter the Domain Name, User Name and Password. Ensure that both NetFlow Analyzer server and SQL Server are in the same domain and logged in with the same Domain Administrator account.
- SQL Server Authentication
For SQL Server Authentication, enter the User Name and Password.
- Click Test button to check whether the credentials are correct. If the test fails, the credentials may be wrong, recheck and enter the correct credentials.
- Click Save button to save the SQL Server configuration. Note that, it will take few minutes to configure the settings of the SQL Server database.
- Start the netflow Analyzer Server/Service to work with the MS SQLSERVER as the database.
To migrate the database for MYSQL to MSSQL, click here.
"NetFlow Analyzer has helped us reduce the time taken to isolate and
contain threats like worms and virus attacks. It has also helped us to solve network incidents faster, and do better capacity planning."
Fred Hassard, Sr. Network Engineer, Adventist Health