ManageEngine HBA agents for Windows, Linux, SUN Solaris, HP-UX and IBM AIX servers
Heterogeneous management tool for storage area networks
ManageEngine HBA Agent is vendor neutral and is built on SNIA Common HBA API specification. The agent is capable of working with SNIA compliant HBAs such as QLogic, Emulex, JNI, and HP Tachyon.
HBA agents available for following OS
- SUN Solaris
Note: ManageEngine HBA agents will work only on SNIA compliant HBA drivers.
Steps to check whether HBA driver is SNIA compliant:
- Windows: Check for the registry key under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> SNIA --> HBA
- Linux /Solaris /HP-UX: Check for the file /etc/hba.conf
- If entries not present then first install SNIA compliant HBA driver before installing ManageEngine HBA agent
Note: For Emulex, if the installed HBA drivers are with HBAAnyware v3.0 or later, the above mentioned registry key entry will not be available. In this case, download and install a copy of HBA API libraries from the following URL. On doing so, the registry is modified to reflect the location of the library.
ManageEngine HBA agents for Host servers
|Steps to run HBA agents on Windows 2003/2008 server
- Unzip the HBA agent service zip ( jhbaservice.zip).
- This will create a set of files under the directory hbaservice.
- Go to directory hbaservice/
- Open wrapper.conf
- JRE is present in Windows servers under C:\Program Files\Java directory.
- Set the path of java bundled as part of JRE to the wrapper.java.command property.
(for 32-bit systems)
wrapper.java.command=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\Jre6\bin\java
(for 64-bit systems)
a. Specify JRE 1.4.2 and higher versions
b. In the above, "Program Files" is to be abbreviated as Progra~1
- Save this wrapper.conf with the above changes.
- Run HBAService.bat -i to install and register the HBA agent as a windows service.
- Run HBAService.bat -t to start the HBA agent service
Note: The above procedure holds good when installing the HBA Agents on 64 bit machines.
|Steps to run HBA agents on Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows XP
- Download the ManageEngine HBA Agent in the host server
- Ensure that the Port 8001 is free
- Copy the AdventNetHbaAgent-Windows.exe to C:\Program Files\
- Open a command prompt
- Go to C:\Program Files\ directory
- Type the following in the command prompt, AdventNetHbaAgent-Windows.exe i to install the agent
- To start this service select Control Panel --> Services.
- Right-click AdventNetHBAAgent service and select start options
|Steps to run HBA agents Linux / Solaris / HP-UX / IBM AIX servers
- Login as root (superuser)
- Execute 'chmod +x AdventNetHBAAgent_xx.bin'
- Run 'AdventNetHBAAgent_xx.bin'