Adding a Device
After the initial discovery, you can use 'Add Device' option under Admin Tab --> Discovery, to add a new device.
Note : Only ‘Admin’ users can add device(s).
Steps for adding a Device :
Click the ‘Admin’ tab in the
Select ‘Discovery tab'. (by default, Discovery Tab will be selected)
Enter the IP address of the
- Choose the Device Type whether it is a Raid, FC Switch, Tape Library or a Host
- Depending on the Device Type selected, other required fields given below appear.
- Choose Vendor : Displays the Vendor list
- Choose Model : Displays all the supported device models for the selected vendor.
- Provider : This is a non editable field, where the Management Interface used for fetching the data from the device is displayed
on the provider the other options like Username, Password, Port, SSL,
Community, Namespace and Timeout will be displayed.
option for 'Ping the given IP' can either be checked or unchecked
depending on the ping facility available for the device.
- Click 'Add Device' button.
Note : You can select the parameter Unknown/Others for the fields, if you are not sure of the option.
The device is added and a confirmation message is shown. Table below shows
the discovered device. You can click on the device link to navigate to device
case of non discovery of the device, you can follow the
troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try readding the
Copyright © 2010, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.