Monitoring and Management of JNI FCE series HBA cards in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of JNI FCE series HBA cards
- HBA card details
- HBA Ports
- HBA status
- HBA Port status
- HBA Summary
- Availability of Ports
- Top N Availability
- Location Summary
Prerequisites for monitoring JNI HBAs in OpStor
- Ensure that the HBA Agent is installed and running.
- Download the HBA agents for respective OS
- OpStor discovers the HBAs in conjunction with discovery of the host server in which the HBA is located
- Hence to monitor the HBAs, it is required to start the SNMP platform service in the host server
- Confirm that the prerequisites for monitoring the hosts are also satisfied.
Steps to add JNI HBA in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of Host server in which HBA agent is started
- Choose Device type as Host
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
- Host will get discovered along with the HBAs
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try readding the device.