Monitoring Areca ARC Storage System using OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of Areca ARC Storage System
- ARC Series like ARC-5010,ARC-6010,ARC-6020.
- Raid Controllers
- Disk Drives
- Disk Drive state
- Raid Set state
- Volume Set state
- Power Supply state
- Disk Drive temperature
- Fan Speed
- Availability reports for RAID Controllers.
Prerequisites for Monitoring Areca ARC
- Ensure SNMP agent is running.
- Register OpStor server IP address as trap destination.
Steps to add Areca ARC in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of Areca ARC storage system
- Choose Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose Vendor as 'Areca'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.