Monitoring Brocade Silkworm switches and directors
OpStor provides monitoring and management of Brocade Silkworm switches and Directors
- Brocade SilkWorm switches
- SilkWorm 4100
- SilkWorm 200E
- SilkWorm 3850
- SilkWorm 3250
- SilkWorm 4012
- SilkWorm 3016
- SilkWorm 3014
- Brocade SilkWorm directors
- SilkWorm 12000
- SilkWorm 24000
- SilkWorm 48000
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Bandwidth Utilization
- Rx Traffic
- Rx Utilization
- Tx Traffic
- Tx Utilization
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
|Prerequisites for monitoring Brocade Switches / Directors
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the Brocade silkworm switch / director
- By default OpStor uses snmp port 161 and read community public for discovery.
- If the settings are different , please provide the same details while adding the switch in OpStor
- Make sure the IP of the server running OpStor is included in the SNMP access list of the Brocade Switch
- The following command can be used to know the snmp community & access list configurations in brocade silkworm switches.
- Run the command
agtcfgdefault via CLI console of the switch
- Register OpStor server IP address as a trap destination for the Brocade Silkworm Switch.
- Use agtcfgset command in the Brocade Fabric OS command line interface to specify the Trap Recipient.
Note : For more details refer the Brocade Fabric OS Reference Manual
|Steps to add Brocade Fabric Switch in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of Brocade Switch / Director
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default value is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device.
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.