Monitoring and Management of Dell PowerVault TL2000 / TL4000 tapelibrary in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of Dell PowerVault TL2000 & TL4000 tape libraries.
- Dell PV TL2000
- Dell PV TL4000
- TapeLibrary status
- Tape Drive status
- Door State
- Library Moves
- Import Export State
- TapeLibrary Summary
- Availability Reports
- Performance Reports
|Prerequisites for monitoring Dell PV TL2000 & PV TL4000 Tape Library
- Ensure that the SNMP agent is running.
- Register OpStor server IP address as trap destination
|Steps to add Dell PV TL2000 / TL4000 Tapelibrary in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> 'Discovery' tab.
- Provide IP Address of Dell PV TL2000 / PV TL4000 TapeLibrary
- Choose Device Type as 'Tape Library'
- Choose Vendor as 'IBM'
- Choose Model as 'TS 3100'/'TS 3200'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed, change the Timeout value (default value is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.