Monitoring and Management of DELL PV 132T / PV 136T / ML 6000 Series Tapelibraries in SAN networks
OpStor provides monitoring and management of DELL PVT 132T, DELL PVT 136T & ML 6000 Series Tapelibraries
- DELL PV132T
- DELL PV136T
- ML 6000 Series
- TapeLibrary status
- Tape Drive status
- Mover status
- TapeLibrary Summary
|Prerequisites for monitoring DELL PV132T / PV136T / ML 6000 Series
- In the Remote Management Unit (RMU) ensure that the SNMP agent is running
- Register OpStor server IP address as trap destination
- Check if the snmp community name configured as public
- To ensure this, check the value of Public Name under Configuration tab-->SNMP Configuration area.
Note : If a different community is used, it needs to be specified when you add the device via OpStor
- Details are available in ADIC Scalar User's Guide (Dell PV 136T is essentially a rebranded version of ADIC scalar 100 tape library & ML 6000 Series is a rebranded version of ADIC Scalar i500 tape library).
|Steps to add DELL PV132T / DELL PV 136T / ML 6000 Series in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of DELL PV 132T / 136T tape library
- Choose Device Type as 'Tape Library'
- Choose Vendor as 'ADIC'
- Chooes Model as '100', if you want to add PV 132T/ PV 136T devices.
- Choose Model as 'i500', if you want to add ML 6000 series of devices.
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.