Monitoring EMC Centera Storage System using OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of EMC Centera Storage Systems.
- Centera Clusters
- Centera Nodes (Access & storage)
- Centera Internal Switches
- Centera HeartBeat
- Cluster status
- Node status
- Free space of Clusters / Nodes
- Availability reports for Cluster
Prerequisites for Monitoring EMC Centera
- OpStor uses CLI interface to monitor EMC Centera
- Ensure that Centera CLI software is installed in the server in which OpStor is installed (default location is C:\Program Files\EMC\Centera\4_1).
- Copy the following jars to <Opstor Install Dir\classes> directory .
- C:\Program Files\EMC\Centera\4_1\SystemOperator\lib\CenteraViewer.jar
- C:\Program Files\EMC\Centera\4_1\SystemOperator\lib\FieldExt.jar
- Ensure that OpStor is restarted (shutdown & started) after copying those jar files.
Steps to add the EMC Centera in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of Centera array
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'EMC'
- Choose the Model as 'Centera'
- Provide the administrator Username and Password
- If needed, change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.
Prerequisites for Monitoring EMC Centera SNMP Traps
- Steps to add OpStor Server IP as a Trap Recipient.
- Connect to Centera CLI (Default Location is C:\Program Files\EMC\Centera\4_1\GlobalServices\bin).
- Execute Centera CLI.exe and type set snmp <host_name:port >, where host_name is the server in which OpStor is installed.
- Steps to verify whether OpStor Server is configured properly to listen for EMC Centera Traps.
- show snmp
- Sample Output
SNMP Enabled : Enabled
Management Station : :162
Community Name :public
Heartbeat Trap Interval:1 minute