Monitoring EMC CLARiiON RAID Networked Storage Systems
OpStor provides monitoring and management of EMC CLARiiON & EMC VNX (Block) RAID Networked Storage Systems
All EMC Clariion Storage Arrays are supported.
- CX series like
- FC Series like FC4700
- AX 4
- Storage Processors
- SP Ports
- Disk Drives
- Raid Groups
- Host-Port Mappings
- Storage Group
- Disk Array Enclosure
- Storage Processor Enclosure
- SP Status
- SP Port status
- Disk Drive status
- LUN status
- Raid Group status
- Disk Array Enclosure Status
- Storage Processor Enclosure Status
- Capacity Summary
- Availability for SP / SP Ports
- SP statistics
- LUN statistics
- Disk statistics
- Interconnect details
|Prerequisites for monitoring EMC CLARiiON
OpStor uses command line utility (NaviCLI.exe/NaviSecCLI.exe) available as part of NaviSphere suite of EMC CLARiiON RAID
- NaviCLI/NaviSecCLI should be installed in the server in which OpStor is installed.
- Include the directory containing NaviCLI.exe/NaviSecCLI.exe in the PATH system environment variable. (This is normally C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI\ ) by going into My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables
- Ensure that OpStor is restarted (shutdown & started) after including NaviCLI/NaviSecCLI in the path. This is required for the latest path changes to take effect for OpStor
- Now open a command prompt to execute the navicli command to check for the proper response from EMC CLARiiON RAID
- Command : navicli -h <array name> getall (for systems with NaviCLI installed)
- Command : naviseccli -h <array name> -scope 0 -user <storage system username> -password <storage system password> getall (for systems with NaviSecCLI installed)
- Ensure that, OpStor installed host and the Storage system has a Fibre Channel Connectivity.
|How to enable Performance monitoring on EMC CLARiiON
For Performance monitoring, please ensure that setStats flag is enabled. You can enable this using following command in the array
NaviCLI Command : navicli -h <array-ip> setstats -on
NaviSecCLI Command : naviseccli -h <array-ip> -scope 0 -user <storage system username> -password <storage system password> setstats -on
|Steps to add EMC CLARiiON in OpStor
- In the OpStor client go to Admin Tab --> 'Discovery' Tab
- Provide IP Address of EMC Clariion Array
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'EMC'
- Choose the Model as 'Clariion'
- If you are adding CX4/AX4, then provide the Username, Password and Community string.
- Change the Timeout if needed.
- Click on Add Device
- Repeat the above procedure to add the second array IP in case of dual Storage Processors.
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.