Monitoring EMC VNX (Block) Storage Systems
OpStor provides monitoring and management of EMC VNX (Block) RAID Storage Systems
All EMC VNX Block Storage Arrays are supported.
- VNX Series
- Storage Processors
- SP Ports
- Disk Drives
- Raid Groups
- Host-Port Mappings
- Storage Groups
- Disk Array Enclosures
- Storage Processor Enclosures
- SP Status
- SP Port status
- Disk Drive status
- LUN status
- Raid Group status
- Disk Array Enclosure Status
- Storage Processor Enclosure Status
- Capacity Summary
- Availability for SP / SP Ports
- SP statistics
- LUN statistics
- Disk statistics
- Interconnect details
Prerequisites for monitoring EMC VNX(Block)
OpStor uses command line utility (NaviCLI.exe/NaviSecCLI.exe) available as part of NaviSphere suite of EMC VNX(Block)
- NaviCLI/NaviSecCLI should be installed in the server in which OpStor is installed.
- Include the directory containing NaviCLI.exe/NaviSecCLI.exe in the PATH system environment variable. (This is normally C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI\ ) by going into My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables
- Ensure that OpStor is restarted (shutdown & started) after including NaviCLI/NaviSecCLI in the path. This is required for the latest path changes to take effect for OpStor
- Now open a command prompt to execute the navicli command to check for the proper response from EMC VNX(Block)
- Command : navicli -h <array name> getall (for systems with NaviCLI installed)
- Command : naviseccli -h <array name> -scope 0 -user <storage system username> -password <storage system password> getall (for systems with NaviSecCLI installed)
- Ensure that, OpStor installed host and the Storage system has a Fibre Channel Connectivity.
Steps to add EMC VNX(BLock) in OpStor
- In the OpStor client go to Admin Tab --> 'Discovery' Tab
- Provide IP Address of EMC VNX Storage Processor
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'EMC'
- Choose the Model as 'VNX-BLOCK'
- Change the Timeout if needed.
- Click on Add Device
- Repeat the above procedure to add the second array IP in case of dual Storage Processors.
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.