Monitoring HP Storageworks Switches and Directors in SAN / NAS networks
OpStor provides monitoring and management of QLogic SANBox switches
- HP storageworks switches
- HP storageworks directors
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Rx Traffic
- Rx Throughput
- Tx Traffic
- Tx Throughput
- Total Throughput
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
|Prerequisites for monitoring HP Switches / Directors
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the HP storageworks switch / director
- By default, OpStor uses snmp port 161 and read community public for discovery.
- If your settings are different please provide the same while adding the switch in the OpStor client
- Register OpStor server IP address as a trap destination for the HP StorageWorks Switch
|Steps to add HP Switch / Director in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of HP Switch / Director
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.