Monitoring and Management of IBM DS6000 / DS8000 series storage Arrays in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of IBM DS6000 / DS8000 series storage systems
| Features supported
- Array Controllers
- Array Controller Ports
- Disk Drives
- Storage Extent Pool
- Storage Volume
- Volume Group
- Array System Status
- Array Controller Status
- Array Controller Port Status
- Disk Drive Status
- Volume Status
- Volume Group status
- Storage Extent Pool Status
- Capacity Summary
|Prerequisites for monitoring IBM DS6000 / DS8000 series Arrays
- Ensure that the IBM CIM Agent (SMI-S Provider) is installed and is running in the Array Management Host.
- Ensure that IBM DS OPEN API, DS Command Line Interface and DS Storage Manager are installed.
- Ensure that the provider installed host is reached from OpStor installed host.
|Steps to add IBM DS6000 / DS8000 series Arrays in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> 'Discovery' tab.
- Provide IP Address of the server where IBM CIM agent is running.
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'IBM'
- Choose the Model as 'DS8000'
- In the 'Username' field, enter the CIM agent username.
- In the 'Password' field, enter the CIM agent password.
- Provide the Port number at which the CIM Agent is running(5989 or 5988)
- Choose whether the SSL should be Enabled(https) or Disabled(http)
- Provide the name space (by default root/ibm)
- Enter the timeout
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.