Monitoring IBM switches
OpStor provides monitoring and management of IBM switches
- IBM SAN Switch Model 2109
- IBM System Storage 2498B24
- IBM System Storage 2498B40
- IBM System Storage2498B80
- IBM TotalStorage SAN-32M
- IBM Flex System FC3171
| Features supported
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Bandwidth Utilization
- Rx Traffic
- Rx Utilization
- Tx Traffic
- Tx Utilization
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
|Prerequisites for monitoring IBM Switches
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the IBM switch
- By default OpStor uses snmp port 161 and read community public for discovery.
- If the settings are different , please provide the same details while adding the switch in OpStor
- Make sure the IP of the server running OpStor is included in the SNMP access list of the IBM Switch
- The following command can be used to know the snmp community & access list configurations in IBM switches.
- In older versions of Fabric OS, run the command agtcfgdefault via CLI console of the switch
- In newer versions of Fabric OS, run the command snmpConfig --set accessControl to add OpStor Server IP Address to the Access Control List. Use the command snmpConfig --show accessControl to verify whether you have successfully added OpStor Server IP Address to the access control list.
- Register OpStor server IP address as a trap destination for the IBM Switch.
- In older versions of Fabric OS , use agtcfgset command in the Fabric OS command line interface to specify the Trap Recipient.
- In newer versions of Fabric OS, use the command snmpconfig --set snmpv1 to add OpStor Server IP Address to the Trap Recipients list. Use the command snmpconfig --show snmpv1 to verify whether you have successfully added OpStor Server IP Address to the Trap Recipients list.
Note : We strongly recommend you to refer the IBM OS Reference Manual before executing the above commands.
|Steps to add IBM Switch in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of IBM Switch
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default value is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device.
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.