Monitoring McData Sphereon series switches and directors
OpStor provides monitoring and management of McData Sphereon switches
- Sphereon 4700 Fabric Switch
- Sphereon 4500 Fabric Switch
- Sphereon 3216 Fabric Switch
- Sphereon 3232 Fabric Switch
- ES-3016 switch
- ES-3032 switch
- ES-1000 switch
- Intrepid 6064 Director
- Intrepid 6140 Director
- ED-6064 director
- ED-5000 director
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Rx Traffic
- Rx Throughput
- Tx Traffic
- Total Throughput
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
|Prerequisites for monitoring McData Switches / Directors
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the McData switch / director.
- McData Switch SNMP information can be checked in the McData Switch's Web-based interface -> Configure (option) -> SNMP (option)
- By default, OpStor uses snmp port 161 and read community 'public' for discovery
- If your settings are different , please provide the same details while adding switch in OpStor
- Register OpStor server IP address as trap destination
Note: For more details refer Configure SNMP section in the McData Switch Product Manager user manual.
|Steps to add McData Fabric Switch in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of McData Switch / Director
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed, change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.