Monitoring StorageTek L-series tape libraries using
OpStor provides monitoring and management of STK - StorageTek L-series tape libraries like L20 , L40, L80, L180 & L700
- Complete Inventory information
- Tape library status
- Tape drive status
- Availability reports for Tape library .
- Performance reports
- Get fails/Retries
- Label fails/Retries
- Num of cartidge moves
- Num of door opens , IPLs , Mounts
- Put fails/ retries
- Target fails/retries
- Alarm generation for faulty conditions (via SNMP
- Tape library state
- Tape drive state
- CAP state
- PTP state
Steps to add
the device for monitoring in the OpStor
- Ensure that the SNMP agent is running.
- Register OpStor server IP address as trap destination
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of StorageTek TapeLibrary
- Choose the Device Type as 'TapeLibrary'
- Choose the Vendor as 'StorageTek'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed, change the Timeout value (default value is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.