Monitoring Windows servers like Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 7, XP, NT and Vista
OpStor provides monitoring and management of Windows servers in SAN and NAS networks
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows 2003
- Windows 2008
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- SCSI details
- Fibre channel details
- Disk Utilization
- CPU Utilization
- Memory Utilization
- Disk / IO statistics
- Ethernet link status
- Ethernet Card
- CDROM Drive
- Host Summary
- Ethernet interface statistics
- Interconnect details
|Prerequisites for monitoring windows server in OpStor
- Start the platform SNMP service if not already started.
- Check the SNMP service Security settings.
- This can be viewed via
Start-->Settings-->Control Panel--> Administrative Tools-->Services-->SNMP Service-->(Right-click) Properties-->
- OpStor uses public as snmp community to talk to Host Servers
- Check if the snmp community name public is available in the text-window under Accepted Community Names with READ-ONLY rights.
- If not then add the community with READ-ONLY rights
- Check if the server running OpStor is able to access this SNMP Service
- Now check if the IP address of the server where OpStor is installed is present in the Accept SNMP packets from these host text-window.
- If not, then configure this IP address.
- After making any modifications save them by selecting Apply and restart the SNMP service.
This is required for the latest changes to take effect.
Note: If SNMP is not available then a telnet account with username guest and password guest needs to be created for discovery
- Ensure that the HBA Agent is installed and running in the server.
- Download URL & installation instructions for each OS is available at ,
HBA Agent Download & Installation
- Microsoft utility devcon.exe needs to be installed in the server where OpStor is running to discover SCSI adapters and attached SCSI devices
- Go to the server where OpStor is installed.
- Now download devcon.exe from
- Run <devcon_download_dir> devcon.exe
- This opens up a dialog box asking to 'UnZip'
- Select 'UnZip' option and choose a directory <devcon_install_dir>
- This will create two directories
- If Windows machine is 32-bit Processor based, set <devcon_install_dir>/ I386 to PATH environment variable
- If Windows machine is 64-bit Processor based, set <devcon_install_dir>/ Ia64 to PATH environment variable
- Restart OpStor (This is required for the latest PATH changes to take effect)
detailed documentation is available
|Steps to add Windows server in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor Webclient
- Specify the IP of the host server[If the host is already discovered before HBA agent is started / devcon is installed , please delete the host server before adding it as explained here]
- Choose Device type as 'Host'
- Choose Vendor as 'Any'.
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed, change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.