Monitoring and Management of QLogic HBA cards in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of QLogic QLA series HBA cards
- QLA 2300
- QLA 2342
- QLA 2312
- QLA 2642
- QLA 2344
- QLA 2340
- QLA 2310
- QLA 2460
- QLA 2462
- QMH 2462
- QLE 2462
- QME 2462
- HBA card details
- HBA Ports
- HBA status
- HBA Port status
- HBA Summary
- Availability of Ports
- Top N Availability
- Location Summary
- Trouble Tickets
Prerequisites for monitoring QLogic HBAs in OpStor
- Ensure that the HBA Agent is installed and running.
- Download URL & installation instructions for each OS is available at HBA Agent Download & Installation
- OpStor discovers the HBAs in conjunction with discovery of the host server in which the HBA is located
- Hence to monitor the HBAs, it is required to start the SNMP platform service in the host server.
- Confirm that the prerequisites for monitoring the hosts are also satisfied.
Steps to add QLogic HBA in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of Host server in which HBA agent is started
- Choose Device type as Host
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
- Host will get discovered along with the HBAs
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try readding the device.