What's new in release 60048?
Enhancements & Bug Fixes between Build 60025 & 60048
Switch Port Mapper
- Switch summary view will now include the IP Address of the switch.
- Issue in showing VLAN name for computers with multiple MAC Addresses has been fixed.
- Issue in updating the DNS name while scanning the switch has been fixed.
- Issue in resolving IP for a MAC in Switch Port Mapper has been fixed
- Issue in drilling-down to the data from the summary view in Switch Port Mapper has been fixed
- Issue in showing the same MAC Address in different switches has been fixed
- Issue with "Exact" search in Switch Port Mapper tool has been fixed.
- Exporting data from Switch Port Mapper will only export the columns to you have chosen to view.
- Devices moved from a different switch and port will be identified separately in Switch Port Mapper.
- Issue in collecting MAC address of Alcatel Switches is fixed.
- Searching MAC address in SPM is made quicker.
- Issue in scanning a switch after modifying using the 'Modify & Scan' button has been fixed.
- Issue in exporting Switch Port mapping results without the stacked/trunk ports has been fixed.
- Issue in updating the Select Group list when a group is modified or deleted in Switch Port Mapper has been fixed.
- While searching specific IP in SPM tool's global search, issue in not showing Virtual IP has been fixed.
- VLAN details are supported for Extreme XOS.
- Issue in generating a false alert when there is no new device has been detected has been fixed in the Switch Port Mapper tool
- DNS name of the switch has been added to the Switch summary view of Switch Port Mapper tool
IP Address Manager
- Issue in showing wrong Device Type for Windows 7 & MAC computers in IPAM has been fixed.
- IPAM performance has been enhanced with query optimization.
- Issue in exporting the subnet details in IP Address Manager has been fixed
- Issue in deleting the IP address of a switch from the IPAM tool when the switch is deleted from Switch Port Mapper has been fixed
- Alert notifications added in IPAM and Rogue Detection tools to identify ARP Spoofing.
- Issue in displaying non admin users in IPAM audit is fixed.
- Issue with drag & drop options, in IPAM tree has been fixed.
- Creating, deleting and scanning subnets are made easy by right clicking on the IPAM tree.
- Issue in resetting 'Owner name' under IP details has been fixed.
- Issue in 'IPAM Auditing' while multiple users are logged in has been fixed.
- Issue in modifying the subnet name has been fixed.
- Issue in generating alerts when the subnet has more than 1024 IPs has been fixed.
- Issue in showing a wrong Subnet Mask in discovered subnets has been fixed.
- Displaying SNMP community data has been restricted while publishing IPAM data.
- Issue in showing duplicate entries in IP Address Manager views has been fixed.
- IPAM/SPM reports published on a drive other than where OpUtils is installed can also be accessed from the client console.
- Switch and Port details of an IP will be shown even if the state of an IP is down.
- Issue with the right-click options not being shown on the IPAM tree in the plug-in mode has been fixed
Config File Manager
- Config File Manager has been enhanced to allow hourly backups.
- Issue in uploading a config file to the Cisco device has been fixed.
- Issue in exporting the data from Config File Manager has been fixed.
- Issue in showing a wrong value in VLAN ID column of Rogue Detection tool has been fixed
- Entering “switch name” to block/unblock devices, has been enhanced with auto suggest feature.
- Rouge Detection tool has been enhanced with an additional filters to list devices. Devices discovered in the last 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, devices whose guest validity has been expired, devices whose guest validity will expire in the next 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours can be listed using this filter.
- Under "Rogue Detection" view, alert messages are enhanced with the link to list the reported devices.
- Rogue Detection tool is enhanced with Audit tab.
- Ability to import MAC Addresses from a csv file introduced in Rogue Detection tool under Trusted tab. All MAC Addresses imported will be automatically moved to 'Trusted' status
- In Network Monitoring, 'Round Trip Time' is made configurable.
- Network monitor 'Alias Name' reverting issue has been fixed.
- Issue in sorting the devices based on the Response Time in Network Monitor tool has been fixed
- Monitoring Interval in Network Monitor tool can now be as low as 20 seconds
- Ability to pause and resume monitoring of a device has been included in Network Monitor tool
- Issue in resolving the MAC Addresses from ICMP ping has been fixed.
- Issue in closing message box, while new user creation has been fixed.
- Issue in publishing the IPAM and SPM results on a different computer other than where OpUtils is installed has been fixed.
- Ability to update SNMP Community string for Switches and Routers in bulk has been added.
- Detecting the device type based on its MAC Address has been enhanced to include the most recent additions to OUI Public Listing.
- Support for adding users to OpUtils with only numeric values has been included.
- Issue in displaying failure message while updating “IfAlias Name” has been fixed.
- Issue in adding a router when ICMP to the router is disabled has been fixed.
- Alerts from IP Address Manager, Switch Port Mapper and Rogue Detection tools will also be logged on to your Syslog Server automatically
Enhancements & Bug Fixes between Build 60022 & 60025
Switch Port Mapper
- Auto-detection of VLAN has been included for 3com switches in the Switch Port Mapper tool.
- Issue in changing the state of Available ports to Transient when the switch is restarted has been fixed.
IP Address Manager
- When you manually move an IP Address to Available state, you can choose to retain the MAC address of the device to which the IP was previously allocated.
- Issue in deleting Class A subnets from IP Address Manager tool has been fixed.
- Delay in showing the Add User/ Add Subnet dialogs has been fixed.
- Issue in showing the out-traffic graph in Bandwidth Monitor tool has been fixed.
- Issue in sending multiple alerts for the same problem in Bandwidth Monitor has been fixed.
- Performance of Network Monitor tool and Router Scans have been greatly enhanced.
- Router scans now support SNMP v3.
Enhancements & Bug Fixes between Build 60000 & 60022
Switch Port Mapper
- The MAC address of the previously connected device on a switch port is retained till a new device gets discovered. This is now made configurable whether to remember or not.
- Issue in showing the "Excluded Ports" in Switch Port Mapper reports and views has been fixed.
- Issue in exporting a scheduled Switch Port Mapper report to a csv file has been fixed.
- Issue in publishing Switch Port Mapping results by group when OpUtils is installed in Windows OS has been fixed.
- Performing an SNMP Sweep prior to scanning a switch has been changed to Ping Sweep for better results
- Issue in displaying wrong ifAlias Name in some specific cases in the Switch Port mapping results has been fixed.
IP Address Manager
- OpUtils API released for IPAM module to get Subnet and IP details to be fetched using API calls. Developers can use the XML response.
- Issue in performing scheduled scans in IP Address Manager when the OpUtils server was shutdown prior to completion of scanning of subnets for the first time has been fixed. In most cases, this problem is experienced when you export subnets to the IP Address Manager tool and shutdown OpUtils before the scanning could complete.
- Issue in adding subnets to the scanning queue has been fixed in the IP Address Manager tool.
- Issue in IP Address state getting moved to 'Available' from 'Transient' when you upgrade from an older version has been fixed.
- Issue in Scheduler Scan in IPAM has been fixed.
- Issue in saving the publish settings in IP Address Manager has been fixed
- Network Monitor tool has been enhanced with the ability to sort hosts by Alias Name, import or export the host details including the Alias Name and to include the Alias Name within the email alert notifications.
- Issue in updating the status of a device in the Network Monitor tool has been fixed.
- Issue in trimming the unwanted space from the IP Address field while importing the data from a CSV file in the Network Monitor tool has been fixed.
- Issue in generating unwanted alerts in the Network Monitor tool has been fixed.
- You can now specify a maximum time to scan and identify the Cisco Devices in the network in Cisco Device Scan tool.
- Issue in uploading the config file to the device in the Config File Manager tool has been fixed.