Oputils - Product Overview
Comprehensive Network Monitoring Tools for IT Administrators
Network and system engineers face the challenge of ensuring high performance and
availability of IT resources - servers, routers, switches, servers, applications, and
infrastructures. They have to constantly keep an eye on these IT resources and
troubleshoot any problems that may occur quickly.
ZOHO Corp. introduces the ManageEngine OpUtils - an affordable, ready to use
realtime monitoring toolset geared towards helping engineers efficiently monitor,
diagnose and troubleshoot IT resources. It consists of 30 plus tools including: network
diagnostics, address monitoring, network monitoring,
cisco and SNMP tools. It also provides an option to create custom SNMP tools to
monitor any MIB nodes. OpUtils complements existing management tools by providing
troubleshooting and real-time monitoring capabilities. It is a Web-based, cross-platform
tool, which runs on Windows and Linux.
The toolset can be used to troubleshoot the frequent network problems such as
network connectivity, availability, performance, health, and latency of any IP node
in the network. It provides desktop details like CPU, Disk space information, installed
software, process information and other vital metrics. Readymade tools to
manage DNS names, IP and MAC addresses are also available. SNMP tools are
included to help monitor any SNMP-enabled IP node. Graphs, charts, and tables
offer real-time views of the network and system information. Results can be exported
as reports in various formats like PDF and HTML.
- Web-based software enables access from anywhere.
- Support for multi-user environments.
- Integrated set of over 30+ tools.
- Provides network reports such as Inventory, SNMP Devices, Rouge Systems, Available IPs, MAC Address Report, etc.
- Supports email-based notifications
- Can be run as a Windows service
- Exports the results in HTML, PDF, and XLS formats
- Competitive pricing - Starts at $195
- Out-of-the-box tools for real-time needs
- Quick and Easy installation, Ready for use
- Web-based, Easy-to-use and Intuitive: no training necessary
OpUtils Products Suite
The different sets of monitoring tools available in this product are:
- Map the devices connected to the ports of a Switch with an ability to locate devices to its physical location
- Manage IP Addresses in the network and report used and available IP Addresses.
- Detect and prohibit unauthorised network access using Rogue Detection tool.
- View the MAC-IP details of the network devices
- Useful for the day-to-day management of the Network
- Useful in troubleshooting the connectivity and availability issues in a LAN
- Standard tools such as Ping and Trace Route
- Ping a single IP or a range of IP's
- Check whether an IP or a range of IP's are SNMP enabled
Address Monitoring Tools
- Tools that can help in monitoring and managing IP Addresses, MAC
Addresses, and DNS Names
- Validate the forward and reverse lookup of a DNS name
- Map the IP Address of a node with its MAC Address and vice versa
- Monitor the DHCP Scopes to identify the used and available IP Addresses in
- Tools to monitor desktop information ranging from system configuration,
and resource usage to software listing
- Tool to view the TCP connections established in the device and reset the
Network Monitoring Tools
- Tools that monitors the bandwidth and traffic statistics of
Routers, Switches, and such devices
- Provides graphical views of the monitored statistics
- Traffic trends for-
- Interface traffic and utilization
- Interface Packets and Volumes
- Interface response time
- Monitor the IPs in a network and generate alert based on response time
- Wake up a machine in a network from remote
- View and update the system details, such as Name, Location, and Contact details.
- Tool to manage the cisco configuration files: Backup, Retrieve,
Compare, and Upload
- Scan a subnet or an IP range to detect the Cisco devices.
- View the IOS, chassis, flash details, and Access control lists, monitor CPU, memory utilization, interface statistics of a cisco device.
- Monitor an SNMP-enabled IP node in a network
- Powerful SNMP Tools like MIB Browser and Trap viewer
- Receives and displays SNMP traps
- Plots real-time SNMP graph
- Retrieves and displays information about MIB modules and MIB nodes
- Tool to identify the SNMP community strings of the devices in the
Custom SNMP Dashboard
While OpUtils provides a set of widely used tools to monitor the network, it also lets
the administrators to create their own tools to suit their need. It allows creation of
custom SNMP tools to monitor their SNMP devices. The Custom tool can be created
for viewing either Graphical or tabular data. The tool thus created can be used to
monitor any of the network devices. A single tool can be used to monitor the MIB
node values in multiple devices.