README for Build 60000
Enhancements & Bug Fixes between Build 58000 & 60000
IP Address Manager:
- Identifying the Device Type has been enhanced to include Zebra Net and D-Link Printers.
- Publishing the IPAM results has been enhanced to include option to publish in HTML format.
- Option to scan subnets by groups has been added.
- Issue in updating Sys Name during subnet scan has been fixed.
- Search enhanced to include searching using SysName of the device.
- The Switch details like the Connected Switch and connected Switch Port of the Virtual IP Addresses will now be shown.
- Option to import Device Type and Owner has been included.
- Importing IP Address Details from the Subnet Details view can now include MAC Address, System Name and System Description fields. When a new MAC Address gets imported this way, alert notification on new MAC discovery will not happen and the MAC gets moved to the Trusted category in the Rogue Detection Tool.
- Option to resolve DNS using nslookup command when OpUtils is installed on a Linux OS has been included.
- Issue in exporting the subnet details with the Reserved Status column has been fixed.
- Issue in resolving the DNS names of the IP Addresses has been fixed.
- Issue in scanning a subnet from the tree has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying the IP Availability Status (as Used, Available, or Transient) in the exported results has been fixed.
- Time to scan the subnets has been reduced.
- OpUtils now uses FireBird version 2.5 to store the data and configuration.
Switch Port Mapper:
- Port and IP history clean up policy has been included.
- Search in has been enhanced to include the match type as exact or contains and to include custom column values.
- Auto-detecting VLAN data of Nortel Passport ERS 8600 series switches has been included.
- Issue in exporting the mapping results has been fixed.
- Option to change the switch name has been included.
- Issue in sending Email Alerts has been fixed.
- Option to publish the Switch Port Mapping results in HTML format has been included.
- Issue in modifying the ifAlias name in bulk has been fixed.
- Switch Port Mapper will now include the history of devices connected to a switch port.
- Issue in switches getting deleted in some specific cases has been fixed.
- Email notifications have been enhanced.
- Issue in retrieving the VLAN ID of Extreme switches has been fixed.
- Option to view the Port by Operation Status Last Change Time report for a custom period has been included.
- Issue in switches getting deleted when its MAC address is deleted from the Rogue Detection tool has been fixed.
- Possible reasons for not detecting a switch port of a detected MAC have been included.
- More frequent hourly scan options have been included in Switch Scan Scheduler.
- Errors encountered during a switch scan will be shown in the Remarks column in the Switches View.
- Importing Switches to the Switch Port Mapper tool will now include the SNMP version.
- Issue in creating consolidated report has been fixed.
- Issue in rediscovering a device when it has been deleted from Rogue Detection tool has been fixed.
- Issue in automatically marking a computer that is available in the Active Directory as Trusted has been fixed.
- Data collection issue in Bandwidth Monitor tool (arising out of database dead lock) has been fixed.
- Issue in showing multiple entries of the same interface has been fixed.
Config File Manager:
- Config File Manager now supports SNMP v3.
- Link to knowledge base has been included for errors encountered while retrieving the config files.
- Issue in value of "sysname" getting changed in routers/switches has been fixed.
- Issue in uploading the config file has been fixed.
- OpUtils EXE has been digitally signed.
- Issue in running OpUtils on Windows 7 and Windows Vista OS has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying non-English characters in user input data has been fixed.
- Issue in executing a query when it contains a wildcard character has been fixed in the Query Report.
- Logging has been enhanced when a new IP is detected, deleted or updated.
- Issue in editing the custom column values from the global search results has been fixed.
- Script error on clicking the Add User link has been fixed.
- Issue in retaining the old password even after changing the password in the Active Directory has been fixed.
- User credentials of the domain that do not have admin privileges will be marked red for easy identification.
- Option to schedule execution and emailing of reports has been included for Switch Port Mapper and IP Address Manager reports.
- Details of the deleted IP Addresses with Custom Fields will be logged separately in DeletedIPs0.txt file.
- Issue in displaying duplicate MAC Addresses in Rogue Detection, IP Address Manager and IP Availability Report has been fixed.
- Usability enhanced by providing more informational messages.
- Read-only user role has been added.
- Hourly scan option has been introduced in Subnet Scan Scheduler of the IP Address Manager tool.
- Add Domain link has also been included under the Admin tab.
- Ability to authenticate OpUtils users via Active Directory has been included.
- Switch/subnet name in the Summary tab has been linked to the corresponding details view.
- Home page will now show the top 5 switches and subnets based on their usages instead of Rogue and Inventory charts.
- SNMP version can also be specified when adding a router.
- Alert Cleanup policy enhanced to specify the max. number of alerts per file and the number of files to maintain.
- Issue in running OpUtils in CentOS, which is caused by FireBird installation, has been fixed.
- Issue in selecting a computer from the list in the Wake on LAN tool has been fixed.
- Issues in OpUtils getting restarted while scanning subnets in IP Address Manager has been fixed.
- Global Alert count has been removed from the top of the home page to reduce the page loading time.