Privileged Password Manager for Enterprises
Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises. The benefits of deploying Password Manager Pro include:
- Eliminating password fatigue and security lapses by deploying a secure, centralized vault for password storage and access
- Improving IT productivity many times by automating frequent password changes required in critical systems
- Providing preventive & detective security controls through approval workflows & real-time alerts on password access
- Meeting security audits and regulatory compliance such as SOX, HIPAA and PCI
What Problems Does Password Manager Pro Solve?
If you are an IT Administrator responsible for securely managing your IT infrastructure, check yourself:
- Are you drowning in a pile of privileged passwords? Do you store administrative passwords in spreadsheets & flat files?
- Do you find it difficult to track who has access to which accounts?
- Do you laboriously logon to each application separately to periodically change passwords?
If yes, you certainly need Password Manager Pro!
Administrative/Privileged passwords are literally aplenty in enterprises. Servers, databases, switches, routers, firewalls and any other hardware or software, could have equally large number of administrative passwords. These passwords are insecurely stored in spreadsheets, text files and even as printouts and are shared by a group of administrators.
This traditional practice brings with it a host of issues such as:
- Insecure storage of passwords inviting security threats
- Uncontrolled super-user privileges
- No role-based access control; internal controls become fragile
- Lack of accountability for actions
- No provision for enforcing standard password practices/policies
- No centralized control
Password Manager pro solves all these problems by providing a secure system to store, administer, and share passwords.
Highlights of Password Manager Pro
Store all your enterprise passwords - privileged accounts, shared accounts, firecall accounts and others in the secure, centralized repository
Securely manage shared accounts such as 'Administrator' on Windows, 'root' on Unix/Linux, 'enable' on Cisco, 'sa' on SQL and others
Any application or script can query PMP and retrieve passwords to connect with other applications or databases, eliminating hard-coded passwords
Import users / user groups from Windows Active Directory or LDAP and also leverage the authentication mechanism
Well-defined ownership for the passwords stored in the centralized vault. Provision for selective sharing of passwords on need basis
Fine-grained restrictions on managing resources and passwords stored in PMP. Restrictions are enforced based on pre-defined user roles
Request-release controls for password retrieval. Provision for granting time-limited access, exclusive privilege and concurrency controls
Automatically log on to the target systems, websites and applications directly from the PMP web interface without copying and pasting of passwords
Reset the passwords of remote resources from Password Manager Pro web-interface as and when required or automatically through scheduled tasks
Users can launch highly secure, reliable and completely emulated Windows RDP, SSH and Telnet sessions from browser without any plug-in or agent software.
Privileged sessions launched from PMP can be completely video recorded, archived and played back for forensic audits.
Real-time alerts on the occurrence of various password events enabling integration with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
Complete record of 'who', 'what' and 'when' of password access. Intuitive reports on entire password management scenario in your enterprise
Reports on the violations with respect to the use and management of privileged passwords based on the requirements of PCI-DSS
Enforcing two successive stages of authentication for logging in to PMP. Usual authentication is the first stage. Various options provided for the second stage
Uninterrupted access to enterprise passwords through the deployment of redundant server and database instances. (A single Premium Edition license is enough for High Availability)
- Success Stories
- Customer Voice
- Product Reviews
- Magazine Articles
Password Manager Pro has earned the business and goodwill of scores of customers worldwide. Its deployment has immensely benefitted businesses in many ways. The following are a few samples:
"The automated, policy-driven password management provided by Password Manager Pro has made us realize how inefficient and insecure the traditional 'excel sheet storage' approach was. Usage of Password Manager Pro is certainly the best practice approach for us."
ManageEngine has partnered with PhoneFactor, the leading global provider of phone-based two-factor authentication, to enable simple, effective two-factor security for Password Manager Pro. ManageEngine is a PhoneFactor Alliance Partner and offers seamless integration with PhoneFactor's authentication services.
ManageEngine has forged a technology interoperability partnership with RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), and has achieved RSA Secured® certification. Password Manager Pro is technically interoperable with the RSA SecurID® two-factor authentication system.
SC Magazine, the world's longest running monthly publication focusing on information security reviewed Password Manager Pro as part of its Group Test of various password management solutions during the years 2008 and 2009. Complete Reports:
Articles on Password Management authored by Password Manager Pro analyst in various magazines:
What Platforms Does Password Manager Pro Support?
Platforms (for password reset):Windows, Windows Domain, Linux, IBM AIX, IBM AS400, HP UNIX, Solaris, Mac OS, Sun Oracle XSCF, Sun Oracle ALOM, Sun Oracle ILOM, VMWare ESXi, MS SQL server, MySQL Server, Oracle DB Server, Sybase ASE, LDAP Server, HP iLO, HP ProCurve devices and Cisco Devices (IOS, CatOS, PIX), Juniper Netscreen Devices
Platforms (for product installation): Windows, Linux
What are the Licensing Options for Password Manager Pro?
There are three license types:
- Evaluation download valid for 30 days capable of supporting a maximum of 2 administrators
- Free Edition licensed software allows you to have 1 administrator and manage up to 10 resources. Valid forever.
- Registered Version - Licensing is based on two factors:
- Number of Administrators
- Type of Edition - Standard or Premium
- Password Manager Pro comes with four user roles - Administrator, Password Administrator, Password User & Password Auditor. The term 'administrator' denotes both Administrators & Password Administrators. So, licensing restricts the number of Administrators AND Password Administrators. There is no restriction on the number of Password Users and Password Auditors. To get more details on the four user roles, refer this section of our help documentation.
- Standard Edition - If your requirement is to have a secure, password repository to store your passwords and selectively share them among enterprise users, Standard Edition would be ideal.
- Premium Edition - Apart from storing and sharing your passwords, if you wish to have enterprise-class password management features such as remote password synchronization, password alerts and notifications, application-to-application password management, reports, high-availability and others, Premium edition would be the best choice.
Password Management Features Matrix - Standard Vs Premium Editions
|Standard Edition||Premium Edition|
- User / User group Management
- Password Repository
- Password Policies
- Password Sharing and Management
- Nested Resource Groups
- Audit / Audit Notifications
- AD / LDAP integration
- Smart Card Authentication
- Auto Logon Helper
- Offline Access
- Password change listener
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- All Features of Standard Edition
- Password Alerts and Notifications
- Remote Password Reset (on demand, scheduled and rule based)
- for Windows, Windows Domain, Windows Service Accounts, Windows Scheduled Accounts, Flavours of UNIX and Linux, Cisco, HP ProCurve and Juniper Netscreen Devices, MS SQL Server, MySQL Server, Oracle DB Server and Sybase ASE, LDAP Server
- Instant Verification of Passwords for Synchronization with Remote Systems
- Password Access Control Workflow
- Application-to-Application Password Management
- Two-Factor Authentication
- High Availability
"Password Manager Pro is an excellent choice for password management.
The application is reliable, dependable, and the support is fantastic. I am confident in the security the application provides at a fraction of the cost of alternatives."
Don Garvey, Director of Operations BlueVault, USA.