Database Backup (for PMP with MS SQL Server)
(Procedure applicable only for builds 6400 and later)
Data stored in PMP database are of critical importance and in any production environment, there would be constant requirements for backing up the data for reference purposes or for disaster recovery.
A task could be scheduled to backup the database contents periodically. The backup will be stored as a .zip file by default in the host where SQL server is running. All sensitive data will remain encrypted in that file.
You can schedule database backup to be executed at any specific point of time.
To schedule database backup,
- Go to "Admin" tab
- Click "Database Backup" icon under "General" section In the UI that opens up,
- Select the schedule option - day, weekly or monthly
- Select the time at which backup has to be taken
- The backup will be stored as a .bak file by default in the <MSSQL_installation_folder>\Backup directory in the host where SQL server is running. All sensitive data will remain encrypted in that file. It is recommended that you backup this file to a secure, secondary storage.
- The backup file will have the file name structure as pmpbackup_pmpversion_YYMMDD-time.bak
- Click "Save". The required backup schedule is created
You can take one-time backup anytime on-demand by clicking the button "Backup Now" available in the GUI explained above.