Working with Security Manager Plus
Security Manager Plus is a web-based vulnerability scanner and patch
remediation software which scans your
network for vulnerabilities and applies patches for Windows systems. Working with
Security Manager Plus mainly involves a few simple
steps, as outlined here.
- Discovery - involves addition of the assets / resources present in your enterprise
(the servers, workstations, laptops, routers, switches and others) into the
Security Manager Plus enterprise setup for vulnerability assessment.
- Scan - involves scanning of desired enterprise resources for
vulnerabilities. If asset discovery has not been performed then scan will
involve discovering the assets first and then scanning them for
vulnerabilities, open ports and missing patches and service packs.
- Remediation - involves fixing
issues that cause vulnerabilities in Windows systems by deploying missing
patches and service packs detected as a result of a scan on these systems.
- Reports - you can generate standard remediation or executive reports or
even customize your reports based on your requirement.
Over and above the afore mentioned main steps, Security Manager Plus also supports :
- Groups - Security Manager Plus facilitates vulnerability scanning based:
- Scheduler - helps you to automatically perform vulnerability assessment of
desired assets or groups at a predetermined time on a hourly, daily, weekly or
- Updating the vulnerability
database, to be in sync with the latest
vulnerability information from the ManageEngine website.
- Configuring settings like mail-server,
administration etc. to ensure smooth functioning of Security Manager
- Manage credentials by supplying username and password that can be applied commonly across a group of
Follow the instructions given in the "Before you start" section before proceeding to work with
Security Manager Plus.
Copyright © 2010, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.