Frequently asked questions
- How do I apply the license if ServiceDesk Plus service is down due to license expiry ?In the command prompt of the server, execute run.bat command in the bin directory as depicted in the image below, [ Screenshot ]
You will be prompted with a popup stating your license has expired; this popup has 2 options OK and DETAILS. Click the OK button to prompt you for the new license file. On applying the new license, the server will start.
If this does not solve the problem send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your license file and our support team will get back to you shortly.Back to Questions
- What takes up a license in ServiceDesk Plus?Licensing in ServiceDesk Plus application is based on the number of nodes and the number of technician logins.
Any asset with the product type as IT asset is considered as a node. The nodes are automatically discovered during the scanning process, and takes up a license in ServiceDesk Plus. Some of the examples of nodes are workstations, servers, printers, routers, switches and access points. If an IT asset is moved to "Expired" or "Disposed" state, then the asset will not be considered as a node and hence will not take up a license. But the assets will be maintained in the system for historic data purpose.
You can add unlimited number of technicians in ServiceDesk Plus but the login permissions provided to these technicians is based on the license purchased. Say, you have purchased license for 10 technicians, then only 10 technicians, including the default administrator login, will be able to login to ServiceDesk Plus and work with the application. The remaining technicians will be considered as Non-Login technicians. These Non-Login technicians will not be provided with login permissions but you can configure to send SLA violation emails, group notifications and scheduled reports to these technicians.
A typical case where Non-Login technicians can be used is for your Field Technicians, who need not log into the application but be notified about the issues assigned to them. When a request is assigned to these technicians, a notification is sent via email from ServiceDesk Plus. On completion of their job and replying to the notification email, ServiceDesk Plus will append the reply as a conversation in the original request automatically.
To remove the default administrator account refer to FAQ 3. Back to Questions
- I would like to delete the default administrator account as it takes up a license? How do I go about it? You can remove "Administrator" account from the application by following the instructions below.
Since ServiceDesk Plus license is calculated based on number of technician login this will help you save a license for a technician in your organization. Back to Questions
- Login as a technician who has full administrative privileges on all modules of ServiceDesk Plus (i.e. associated to SD-Admin role).
- Go to Admin -> Technicians. You can either delete the Administrator account or you can click on the Administrator and remove the login on selecting Yes.
- I have recently purchase 110 Dell Optiplex workstations and I would like to add the monitors of these workstations as additional assets and then add them to each workstation. However, I have a license that supports only 250 assets. What can I do in this situation ? Can I add the monitors to the workstation as Asset Component ?You can add them as Asset component which will not be calculated as an asset for license. Click on Admin -> Product Type and add a product type called Monitor and select the Type as component.
You will find the Product Type 'monitor' under Assets -> Resources -> Asset components, where you can add the new component for monitor and associate to an asset. Back to Questions
- What are the languages supported by ServiceDesk Plus ?Refer to the below link to be updated of the languages supported by ServiceDesk Plus.
http://www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk/localized-versions.htmlBack to Questions
- I'm using the latest version of ServiceDesk Plus and I'm unable to find the select languages option in Personalize link. Do I require a separate license to avail this feature ?Customers with Multi Language license will have the option to select language in the Personalize link. You can select the License link in the application to check if Multi Language license is applied. Please contact our Sales Team (email@example.com) if you require Multi Language license. Back to Questions
- While performing a Domain scan, I receive 'License maxed out' error message. How do I know how many IT assets are already there in the system ?Login to ServiceDesk Plus, click on the Home tab and select Assets tab under Home to find the total number of the Assets added in ServiceDesk Plus [ Screenshot ]. The sum of IT Assets corresponding to the total number of nodes purchased in ServiceDesk Plus is displayed. [ Screenshot ]Back to Questions
- Technician A creates a report and schedules it in a periodic basis. Will Technician B be able to view the reports scheduled by Technician A ?No, technicians cannot view reports scheduled by other technicians.Back to Questions
- While creating a new announcement, a technician chooses future date to display the announcement, then what will happen to the announcement ?The Announcement will not get listed under Announcements in the Home page, instead it will be listed under All Announcements. Back to Questions
- If SDP is installed as the Enterprise Edition, will i be able to switch back to Professional Edition? What will happen to the data stored in the Database?The Product Edition will be based on the License that is applied on product installation. After installing the application as Enterprise Edition it is possible to revert back to the Professional Edition (by applying License from the User Interface).
Moving from Enterprise to Professional version would mean the removal of the following Modules: Problem, Change, Service Catalog and CMDB. However, any data that was added in these modules will still be intact in the Database, though the product has been downgraded.Back to Questions
Was your question answered here?
Check the other FAQ modules or you can contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org