The SupportCenter Plus Outlook edition is productivity-enhancement software that can be used with SupportCenter Plus system and Microsoft Outlook. The Outlook edition can be installed on users' MS Outlook as a plugin, which can be used to synchronize the contacts in between Microsoft Outlook and the SupportCenter Plus and add the contact specific e-mail as a Case to the SupportCenter Plus customer specific cases.
Table of Contents:
- Installation Procedure
- Working with Outlook Edition
- Customer Support
- Hardware: x486 with 256 MB RAM or higher with a minimum of 10 MB disk space
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003
- Software: Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/2003 and Internet Explorer 6
- You must have administrator privileges on the system.
- Microsoft Outlook user details are registered with SupportCenter Plus server, i.e., you must have valid login details to connect SupportCenter Plus server.
- Microsoft Outlook must be stopped before installing the SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in.
Installing SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in
- Run the SupportCenter_Outlook.exe.
- In the Welcome to the Installation Wizard dialog, click the Next button.
- In the License Agreement dialog, read the license agreement and click the Yes button if you accept the license agreement.
- In the Directory Choose Destination Location dialog, browse the directory (By default the destination directory is C:\AdventNet\SupportCenter Plus Outlook Edition) in which you want to install SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in and click the Next button. SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in installation will take a few seconds.
- In the Installation Completed dialog, click the Finish button to complete the installation.
- Stop the Microsoft Outlook if it is running.
- Select Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog, select the SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in and click the Remove link. It will take a few minutes to uninstall the SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in.
Using the SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in, you can perform the following operations:
- Synchronize the Microsoft Outlook contacts with SupportCenter Plus
- Resolve the conflicts (if any) while synchronizing the contacts with SupportCenter Plus
|Note: Currently SupportCenter Plus Outlook Plug-in supports Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 versions only.
Before adding or synchronizing Microsoft Outlook E-mails and contacts to the SupportCenter Plus system, specify the SupportCenter Plus login details in Microsoft Outlook. You can use the Outlook edition to connect the SupportCenter Plus Ondemand service as well as packaged software.
To configure SupportCenter Plus login details
- Start the Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the SupportCenter Plus -> Login menu.
- In the SupportCenter Plus Login dialog, specify your SupportCenter Plus login details:
- SupportCenter Plus ID: Enter the user name to log in to the SupportCenter Plus.
- Password: Enter the password for the user name.
- Remember Me: Select the check box if you want to remember the login details.
- Click Login Option link to add the SupportCenter Plus URL.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Synchronization allows you to enter the customer-specific contacts from Microsoft Outlook to SupportCenter Plus and vice-a-versa and update the information in both SupportCenter Plus and Microsoft Outlook. It also eliminates duplication of contacts and resolves conflicts if the data is not in sync.
To synchronize contacts between Microsoft Outlook and SupportCenter Plus
- Select the Contacts shortcut from the Microsoft Outlook sidebar.
- Select the required contact(s) from the Inbox.
- Click the SupportCenter Plus -> Sync Contacts menu.
- It takes a few minutes to completely read the contacts in SupportCenter Plus and Microsoft Outlook. Once reading is completed, you have to complete one of the following operations:
- Add Contacts
If you are synchronizing contacts first time, then follow these steps:
- In the Synchronizing Status dialog, contacts added, updated, and deleted are displayed. Click the View Details button to view the list of contacts.
- In the Sync Changes dialog, list of contacts are displayed. Once you are ensured that all the contact details are correct, click the Close button.
- In the Synchronizing Status dialog, click the Accept Changes or the Close button to complete or abort the synchronization respec
3. Customer Support
For any queries or product-related support, contact us at .
While reporting a problem send us the following details:
- Windows OS Edition
- Microsoft Outlook Version
- Problem Description
- Send the Log file supportcenter.log present under the <SupportCenter Plus Outlook Home>/data/<supportcenteruser_id> directory.