Add an Active Directory domain
In this section, you can add or update the domain details of the domains that you wish to backup using RecoveryManager Plus. This section provides options to:
Add a New Domain
To add a new domain,
- Click the Add New Domain option located at the top right of the domain settings section.
- Enter the name of the domain.
- Click the Discover DCs link to automatically detect the domain controllers in the specified domain. You can also add the domain controller manually by clicking the Add DC link and providing the name of the DC.
- If you want the product to automatically connect to the secondary DC and start gathering changes from the AD database if the primary DC fails, select the Enable auto-switch on DC failure option.
Note: This option is NOT recommended if your AD environment has more than 5000 user objects. RecoveryManager Plus incrementally backs up changes made to objects and their attributes using DirSync. After each backup, the product stores a cookie that identifies the directory state at the time of the previous DirSync search in the domain controller. When the domain controller is changed, the cookies used to identify changes will not be available in the secondary domain controller. Hence, all objects from the domain will be identified and checked with backed up data for any changes and the process will take as much time as a full backup to complete.
- Enter the username and password of a domain or an enterprise administrator.
- Click Add to add the domain details in the product.
Note: The Add New Domain option will not be available in the FREE version of the product.
Edit a Domain
To modify the settings of a domain,
- Click the icon located in the Action column of the desired domain.
- Update the required fields.
- Click Save.
Enable / Disable a Domain
Disabling a domain will stop all the backup operations scheduled for that domain. Also, operations like restoring, saving backup settings or saving recovery settings cannot be performed, if domain is disabled. You can enable a disabled domain at any time.
To enable or disable a domain,
- To enable a domain, click the icon located in the action column of the domain that you wish to enable.
- To disable a domain, click the icon located in the action column of the domain that you wish to disable.
Delete a Domain
Deleting a domain will delete all backups of the corresponding domain.
To delete a domain that you have configured,
- Click the icon located in the action column of the domain that you wish to disable.
Manage Multiple Domains
You can enable/disable multiple domains simultaneously using this option.
To manage domains,
- Select the domains (using the check boxes) that you wish to enable/disable.
- Click the More Actions drop-down box at the top, and
select the desired action (enable / disable) from the list.