Add an Active Directory domain
In this section, you can add or update the domain details of the domains that you wish to backup using RecoveryManager Plus. This section provides options to:
Add a New Domain
To add a new domain for the first time,
- Log into RecoveryManager Plus console as an administrator.
- Click the Account Configuration button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the On-premises AD tab.
- Click the Add New Domain option located at the top right of the domain settings section.
- Enter the name of the domain.
- Click the Discover DCs link to automatically detect the domain controllers in the specified domain. You can also add the domain controller manually by clicking the Add DC link and providing the name of the DC.
- In case the primary DC fails, the product automatically connects to the next DC in priority and starts gathering changes from the Active Directory.
- It is recommended to use the credentials of the domain administrator to add your AD domain. In case the usage of the domain administrator account is restricted, click here to learn about the least privileges required to add your AD domain to the product.
- Click Add to add the domain details in the product.
Set a Default Domain
Set a default domain.
To set a default domain,
- Click the icon located in the action column of the desired domain.
Note: The Add New Domain option will not be available in the FREE version of the product.
Edit a Domain
To modify the settings of a domain,
- Click the icon located in the Action column of the desired domain.
- Update the required fields.
- Click Save.
Enable/Disable a Domain
Disabling a domain will stop all the backup operations scheduled for that domain. Also, operations like restoring, saving backup settings or saving recovery settings cannot be performed, if domain is disabled. You can enable a disabled domain at any time.
To enable or disable a domain,
- To enable a domain, click the icon located in the action column of the domain that you wish to enable.
- To disable a domain, click the icon located in the action column of the domain that you wish to disable.
Delete a Domain
Deleting a domain will delete all backups of the corresponding domain.
To delete a domain that you have configured,
- Click the icon located in the action column of the domain that you wish to disable.
Manage Multiple Domains
You can enable/disable multiple domains simultaneously using this option.
To manage domains,
- Select the domains (using the check boxes) that you wish to enable/disable.
- Click the More Actions drop-down box at the top, and select the desired action (enable / disable) from the list.