Help Desk Technician
Technician is a role that you can assign to users who do not need full administrative privileges. When a user is declared as a technician, they are provided with the rights to configure specific areas of the RecoveryManager Plus application. A user can be assigned as a technician of domains and tenants.
RecoveryManager Plus comes with three preconfigured technician roles.
- Admin: End users who are provided with Admin technician role will have full control over the entire application. An admin has the privilege to modify any setting of RecoveryManager Plus.
- Operator: An operator has the privilege to perform backup and restorations in the modules for which they are authorized. However, they cannot modify any backup settings.
- Auditor: An auditor has the privilege to only view all backup and restoration actions carried out in the domain/tenant for which they are authorized. In case a user has been assigned as an auditor to an AD domain, the user will be able to initiate backups from the RecoveryManager Plus dashboard.
Administrators can also create custom technician roles to fit their needs. To learn how you can create a new role, click here.
You can assign these roles to an individual user or an AD group.
To assign a role to a user or a group,
- Navigate to Delegation tab → Help Desk Technicians.
- Click the Add New Technician button.
- Select the platform (AD domain, Office 365 tenant or RecoveryManager Plus login) in which the end user’s account is present.
- Select the Domain/Tenant.
- Click the icon to select the user who has to be assigned the technician privileges.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the user to whom you’d like to provide technician privileges and click OK. If you wish to provide technician privileges to all members of a group, click on the Groups tab and select the group and click OK.
- Select the role that you wish to assign to the user/group and click Add.
Once you have created a technician, you can perform the following actions.
- Edit a technician account
- Enable/disable a technician account
- Delete a technician account
To edit a technician,
To enable/disable a technician,
To delete a technician,