Install & Setup RecoveryManager Plus Application
Please ensure that your system meets the requirements to use RecoveryManager Plus.
- Go to the RecoveryManager Plus website to download the agent.
- Download the RecoveryManager Plus agent by clicking on "32-bit agent" or "64-bit agent" for the respective versions. Note that the 64-bit version can backup up hundred thousands of objects.
- This downloads the Standard edition which will work for 60 days. After 60 days, it will get converted to Free edition unless the Standard license is purchased.
Installing the RecoveryManager Plus Application
- Launch the downloaded executable file on your computer to launch the installation wizard. Click 'Next' to continue.
- Read the terms and conditions of the license agreement carefully and select 'Yes' to accept. You can also print the agreement for offline reference. If you select 'No', the setup will close without proceeding further.
- Click 'Browse' to choose an appropriate destination folder for the setup to install RecoveryManager Plus or use the default path provided by the InstallShieldWizard.
- Specify the web server port number or use the default port number '8090' and click 'Next'.
- Review the settings and begin the installation by clicking 'Next'. Click 'Back' in case you wish to change any settings. Wait for the InstallShield Wizard to finish the installation process.
- Note that the .Net framework is an essential prerequisite for the agent installation & will commence automatically if not installed previously. In that case wait for .Net installation to finish. To install .Net framework successfully On Windows Server 2003/Windows XP 64bit machines, 'Windows Imaging' component is required. If this is not found, it will be installed automatically.
- Once the installation is completed, RecoveryManager Plus will be automatically launched from your default web browser.
- Sign in for the first time with the default password 'admin'. It can be changed once you login.
Adding a domain
- Click on the dropdown box, and choose from the domains listed or enter a Domain of your choice and click 'Add'.
- Click 'Next' and wait for the Setup Wizard to validate the domain information and verify whether the specified credentials have administrative rights for the domain.
- Select all or specific OUs to Back up by clicking on '+/- OUs' option.
From the listed OUs, make your selection by checking the box beside
them. Deselect any of the listed OUs by clicking on the icon.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the check box to select specific object
attributes to back up.
- Determine the frequency of backup by clicking on the dropdown box and
checking all days of the week or specific days. There are three types of backup frequency that you can schedule.
- Hourly - The backup of objects takes place every 'n'
- Daily - The backup schedule will run every day once at the scheduled time. You can configure up to 6 backup schedules for the same day.
- Weekly - The backup schedule will run once every week on the specified day at the specified time
- Enter the Backup time in the field provided.
- This completes Backup scheduling process. The initial Backup might take
some time depending on object count. Meanwhile you can verify the
recovery settings which has been enabled with default values.