This section lists the steps to create backup schedules for your SharePoint and OneDrive sites.
To create a new backup schedule:
Once a schedule has been created, you can view the following information:
- The name of the schedule.
- The repository in which the backups will be stored.
- The frequency at which the schedule will run.
- The number of sites that will be backed up by the schedule in the No. of sites field. Clicking on the number will open a pop-up that lists the sites that will be backed up when the scheduler runs.
- The set retention period.
- The last time the schedule ran. Clicking on the icon will open the restore tab, displaying all backups made by the scheduler. You can restore sites to any of the backed up versions. For step-by-step instructions on how to restore mailboxes, click here.
- The status of the last backup (success or failure). Clicking on the View Details link will provide the steps that the product performed and the status of each step. Finding out the step at which the schedule failed will assist in troubleshooting any issue that the product might encounter.
Once you’ve configured a backup schedule, you can perform the following actions:
- Edit the backup schedule.
- Enable or disable the backup schedule.
- Manually trigger a backup.
- Delete the backup schedule.
Edit the backup schedule.
- To edit the backup schedule, click the icon under the Actions column of the corresponding backup schedule.
Enable or disable the backup schedule.
- Click the / icon under the Actions column of the backup schedule that you wish to enable or disable.
Manually trigger a backup.
- Click the icon under the Actions column of the backup schedule to trigger a backup.
Delete the backup schedule.
- Click the icon under the Actions column of the backup schedule that you wish to delete.
- In the pop-up that appears, select if you'd just like to delete just the backup schedule or permanently delete all backup data along with the schedule, and click OK.