This section allows you to add schedulers to back up your servers at predetermined intervals.
To configure a backup scheduler for a virtual machine, follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to Backup from the Virtual Environment tab.
- Click on Create Backup button at the top-right corner of the screen to configure a new backup scheduler.
- Select Hyper-V from the Virtual Environment drop-down box.
- Enter a name with which to identify the backup in the Backup Name field.
- In the Select VMs field, click the icon. This will open a pop-up that will display all the configured servers and the virtual machines in those servers.
- If you have multiple servers configured, click on the Select server drop-down box to select the server you desire.
- To search for a virtual machine by its name, enter the name in the text-box adjacent to the icon.
- Select the virtual machines which you wish to be backed up and click Add.
- In the Repository field, click the drop-down box to select from the list of all available repositories. If no repositories are available, click the icon to add a new storage repository.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the repository.
- In the Repository Path, enter the path to the file server or the shared path where you wish to save the backups.
- Click the Authentication toggle button and enter the credentials of a user that can read/write the content in the specified storage location.
- Enter the number of full backups that you wish to retain in the Retention Count field.
- Select the frequency at which the incremental backups must be taken from the list of options available: Daily, weekly, or monthly.
- By default, RecoveryManager Plus creates one full backup of the virtual machines for five incremental backups. If you wish to add a different scheduler for full backups, you can do so by selecting the check box Create Periodic Full Backup.
- Select the frequency at which the full backup of virtual machines must be taken from the list of options available: Daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Click Create to complete the configuration of the backup scheduler.
Once you have configured a backup, you can view the following details of the backup scheduler that you have configured:
- Backup name
- Repository path
- Number of virtual machines configured in the backup
- Configured backup frequency
- Name of the repository where the backups will be stored
- Last time the backup was run and the duration of the backup operation
- Status of the last run backup operation.
You can also perform the following operation:
Edit a configured backup
- Click the icon under the actions column of the backup that you wish to edit.
- Modify the settings that you wish to alter and click Save.
Enable/disable a configured backup schedule
- Click the / icon under the action column of the backup that you wish to enable/ disable.
Initiate a quick backup
- Click the icon under the action column of the backup for which you wish to initiate a backup process.
Delete an existing backup schedule
- Click the icon under the action column of the backup that you wish to delete.