This section will explain how you can perform a full restoration of a VM using RecoveryManager Plus.
To perform a quick restoration,
- Navigate to the Virtual Environment → Hyper-V → Restore.
- Click Initiate Restore button at the top of the screen.
- Enter a distinguishable name for the restore operation for future references.
- In the Restore Type drop-down box, select Full Restore.
- You choose to restore the machine to their original location or to a new location.
- Original location: To restore virtual machines to their original location, select Restore to Original Location.
- Different location: To restore the virtual machines to a new location with the same configurations, leave the check box against Restore to Original Location unmarked. In Destination Host drop-down box, select the host where you want to restore the virtual machine to from the. Select Default VHD Path to use the same VHD. To use a different VHD, unmark the check-box and provide the location.
- Select the VMs that you wish to restore by clicking the icon in the Select Vms field.
- In the pop-up that appears, Click on the Select Server down-box at the top right corner.
- Select the server that you wish to restore.
- Select the restore point that you wish to restore to and click Save.
- Select Power On VMs after Restore if you wish to boot the virtual machine immediately after restoration.
- Click Restore.
Note: When restoring to a new location, select "I copied it" option on start up of the new VM.