This section will explain how you can perform a full restoration of a VM using RecoveryManager Plus.
- Navigate to the Virtual Environment → VMware → Restore.
- Click Initiate Restore button at the top of the screen.
- Enter a distinguishable name for the restore operation for future references.
- In the Restore Type drop-down box, select Full Restore.
- You choose to restore the machine to their original location or to a new location.
- Original location: To restore virtual machines to their original location, mark the check box against Restore to Original Location.
- Different location: To restore the virtual machines to a new location with the same configurations, leave the check box against Restore to Original Location unmarked. Select the host where you want to restore the virtual machine to from the Destination Host drop-down box. In the Select Datastore field, select the datastore to which you wish to restore to.
- Select the VMs that you wish to restore by clicking the icon in the Select Vms field.
- In the pop-up that appears, Click on the Select Server down-box at the top right corner.
- Select the server that you wish to restore.
- Select the restore point that you wish to restore to and click Save.
- Select Power On VMs after Restore if you wish to boot the virtual machine immediately after restoration.
- Click Restore.
Note: When restoring to a new location, select "I copied it" option on start up of the new VM.